Playing out aboard the H.M.S. President in London, the British Poker Awards recognize the biggest and brightest in British poker and tonight the winner’s circle was packed with names like Chris Moorman, Liv Boeree and even one American, Vanessa Selbst.
The big winner, however, was unquestionably Sam Trickett who was named 2012 player of the year, best cash player and best tournament player. It marks the second consecutive year Trickett won the award for best cash player.
In fact, Trickett has won awards in all three of the BPA’s iterations, winning best newcomer at the inaugural ceremony in 2010.
The bulk of Trickett’s accomplishments this year came by way of his second-place finish in the $1 million buy-in event at the World Series of Poker. Trickett pocketed a staggering $10.1 million, skyrocketing to the top of the UK charts.
Moorman Wins Best Online Player for Third Time
Trickett was joined tonight by Chris Moorman who took down the award for best online player for the third year in a row.
Also honored were Vanessa Selbst, who won best international player and Liv Boeree who won best poker personality of the year.
UKIPT president Kirsty Thompson got the nod for the biggest contribution to the growth of poker while her United Kingdom and Ireland Poker Tour was named best poker tour.
Here are the full 2012 British Poker Awards results:
- Player of the Year: Sam Trickett
- Best International Player: Vanessa Selbst
- Best Card Room: Dusk Til Dawn
- Best Tournament Director: Toby Stone (UKIPT)
- Best Cash Player: Sam Trickett
- Best Tournament Player: Sam Trickett
- Best Online Player: Chris Moorman
- Poker Personality of the Year: Liv Boeree
- Best Poker Forum: The Hendon Mob
- Best UK Tournament: UKIPT Nottingham
- Best Card Room Restaurant: The Vic
- Best Card Room Bar: Palm Beach
- Best Poker Blogger/ Social Media: Neil Channing
- Best Poker League: Champions Poker League
- Biggest Contribution to Growing and Promoting Poker: Kirsty Thompson (UKIPT)