PokerListings.com is the world's largest and most trusted online poker guide, offering the best online poker bonus deals guaranteed, over $1m in exclusive freerolls every year and the most free poker content available on the Web.
PokerStars TCOOP Smashes Records, $24m Awarded
The 2013 Turbo Championship of Online Poker finished this weekend on PokerStars with over $24 million awarded across 50 events.
That number is up significantly from the $19.7 million handed out at the TCOOP in 2012.
The 2013 TCOOP main event saw 5,060 entrants and a total prize pool of over $3.3 million. In the end it was a multi-way chop with the final seven players all taking home six-figure scores.
frma1103 from Sweden took the biggest prize and the official TCOOP main event title, pocketing $326,880 after defeating Slovenia's kekim1 heads-up.
Canadian online-MTT crusher TJ “1BigAceHole” Ulmer finished in third, snagging $232k and bringing his total online tournament earnings to over $4.8 million.
Theo Jørgensen fared best from Team PokerStars Pro, notching a 174th-place finish for $2,335.
Here are the full final-table results for the 2013 TCOOP main event:
- 1. frma1103 (Sweden) - $326,880.00*
- 2. kekim1 (Slovenia) - $289,509.06*
- 3. T.J. "1BigAceHole" Ulmer (Canada) - $232,224.42*
- 4. GadMO (Israel) - $251,844.09*
- 5. thinkfast9 (Greece) - $160,816.59*
- 6. pistecaloze (Netherlands) - $261,354.00*
- 7. SennaBoris79 (Russia) - $193,069.50*
- 8. elmiami21 (Mexico) - $42,061.25
- 9. Xereles (Norway) - $26,919.20
* Adjusted to reflect seven-way chop.
Stefan “mindgamer” Jedlicka Second in TCOOP High Roller
Playing out alongside the TCOOP main event was the $2,100 High Roller tournament which awarded five more six-figure prizes this weekend.
1,095 players bought in, putting $2.19 million in the pot with German player Jeremiade taking the title and over $382k.
Finishing second was Austrian poker pro Stefan “mindgamer” Jedlicka who took down $278,130. Jedlicka is a regular on the Austrian live circuit with a win at the 2009 Montesino Grand Slam main event on his poker résumé.
Finishing fifth was Team PokerStars Online's George “jorj95” Lind who grabbed $109k. American pro Nick “FU_15” Maimone also made the final table, finishing seventh.
Here are the full final-table results for the 2013 TCOOP High Roller event:
- 1. Jeremiade (Germany) - $382,812.00
- 2. Stefan "mindgamer" Jedlicka (Austria) - $278,130.00
- 3. TheMuppet (United Kingdom) - $208,050.00
- 4. softcored (Sweden) - $155,490.00
- 5. George "Jorj95" Lind III - (Canada) $109,500.00
- 6. MrSmits (Denmark) - $87,600.00
- 7. Nick "FU_15" Maimone (Honduras) - $65,700.00
- 8. SUNDAYKING (Sweden) - $43,800.00
- 9. calvin7v (Finland) - $25,185.00
Denmark's Tjepan Snags TCOOP POY and 2014 PCA Package
Danish player Tjepan won the 2013 TCOOP Player of the Year race, narrowly edging out Tinas21 from Norway and Canada's Faith#1Virtue.
Tjepan received the TCOOP POY trophy as well as a 2014 PokerStars Caribbean Adventure package worth $16,500.
Tjepan played an incredible 46 out of the 50 TCOOP events to win the POY.
Runner-up Tinas21 played just 28 events and took a 2013 SCOOP ticket worth $5,300. Third-place finisher Faith#1Virtue snagged a SCOOP ticket worth $2,100.
Tjepan will be looking to follow in 2012 WCOOP POY Mikal Blomlie's footsteps by turning that PCA freeroll into even more money in the Bahamas.
You May Also Like
Best Poker Sites - Editor`s Pick
26 September 2016 1
- See More Videos »