PokerListings.com is the world's largest and most trusted online poker guide, offering the best online poker bonus deals guaranteed, over $1m in exclusive freerolls every year and the most free poker content available on the Web.
PokerStars TCOOP Smashes Records, $24m Awarded
The 2013 Turbo Championship of Online Poker finished this weekend on PokerStars with over $24 million awarded across 50 events.
That number is up significantly from the $19.7 million handed out at the TCOOP in 2012.
The 2013 TCOOP main event saw 5,060 entrants and a total prize pool of over $3.3 million. In the end it was a multi-way chop with the final seven players all taking home six-figure scores.
frma1103 from Sweden took the biggest prize and the official TCOOP main event title, pocketing $326,880 after defeating Slovenia's kekim1 heads-up.
Canadian online-MTT crusher TJ “1BigAceHole” Ulmer finished in third, snagging $232k and bringing his total online tournament earnings to over $4.8 million.
Theo Jørgensen fared best from Team PokerStars Pro, notching a 174th-place finish for $2,335.
Here are the full final-table results for the 2013 TCOOP main event:
- 1. frma1103 (Sweden) - $326,880.00*
- 2. kekim1 (Slovenia) - $289,509.06*
- 3. T.J. "1BigAceHole" Ulmer (Canada) - $232,224.42*
- 4. GadMO (Israel) - $251,844.09*
- 5. thinkfast9 (Greece) - $160,816.59*
- 6. pistecaloze (Netherlands) - $261,354.00*
- 7. SennaBoris79 (Russia) - $193,069.50*
- 8. elmiami21 (Mexico) - $42,061.25
- 9. Xereles (Norway) - $26,919.20
* Adjusted to reflect seven-way chop.
Stefan “mindgamer” Jedlicka Second in TCOOP High Roller
Playing out alongside the TCOOP main event was the $2,100 High Roller tournament which awarded five more six-figure prizes this weekend.
1,095 players bought in, putting $2.19 million in the pot with German player Jeremiade taking the title and over $382k.
Finishing second was Austrian poker pro Stefan “mindgamer” Jedlicka who took down $278,130. Jedlicka is a regular on the Austrian live circuit with a win at the 2009 Montesino Grand Slam main event on his poker résumé.
Finishing fifth was Team PokerStars Online's George “jorj95” Lind who grabbed $109k. American pro Nick “FU_15” Maimone also made the final table, finishing seventh.
Here are the full final-table results for the 2013 TCOOP High Roller event:
- 1. Jeremiade (Germany) - $382,812.00
- 2. Stefan "mindgamer" Jedlicka (Austria) - $278,130.00
- 3. TheMuppet (United Kingdom) - $208,050.00
- 4. softcored (Sweden) - $155,490.00
- 5. George "Jorj95" Lind III - (Canada) $109,500.00
- 6. MrSmits (Denmark) - $87,600.00
- 7. Nick "FU_15" Maimone (Honduras) - $65,700.00
- 8. SUNDAYKING (Sweden) - $43,800.00
- 9. calvin7v (Finland) - $25,185.00
Denmark's Tjepan Snags TCOOP POY and 2014 PCA Package
Danish player Tjepan won the 2013 TCOOP Player of the Year race, narrowly edging out Tinas21 from Norway and Canada's Faith#1Virtue.
Tjepan received the TCOOP POY trophy as well as a 2014 PokerStars Caribbean Adventure package worth $16,500.
Tjepan played an incredible 46 out of the 50 TCOOP events to win the POY.
Runner-up Tinas21 played just 28 events and took a 2013 SCOOP ticket worth $5,300. Third-place finisher Faith#1Virtue snagged a SCOOP ticket worth $2,100.
Tjepan will be looking to follow in 2012 WCOOP POY Mikal Blomlie's footsteps by turning that PCA freeroll into even more money in the Bahamas.