The PokerListings Daily 3-Bet is a trio of baby dragons, an army of freed men and an unstoppable march to the crown in poker's game of thrones.
Want the latest news and gossip emanating from the Rio in Las Vegas? Here's where you'll find it.
Today in the 3-Bet we find Daniel Negreanu taking his rightful place at the top of poker's all-time live tournament money list, Hugo Pingray quietly bagging a monster victory in just his second-ever WSOP event and Phil Hellmuth morphs into a butterfly (sorta).
1) Negreanu Now All-Time Money Leader at $29m
Try these numbers on for size, Daniel Negreanu:
Pretty sweet summer, hey? And absolutely fitting that poker's greatest ambassador now holds the title of all-time leading money winner.
Dream, declare, deliver - nobody does it better than DNegs. Congrats to one of the all-tme greats.
2) France's Hugo Pingray Wins Monster Stack, $1.3m
While the $15m top prize of the $1m Big One for One Drop drew the attention of all this week France's Huge Pingray quietly - and rather dominantly - marched to his own big title.
The low-key Pingray, who says he's only been playing poker for three years, topped a field of almost 8,000 players to walk away with the first-ever WSOP Monster Stack title and $1,327,083.
Not so stressed about school now.
Check out these numbers for just how incredible an achievement it was:
- Field size was 7,862 players - 3rd-largest ever at World Series of Poker
- Prior to the win Pingray had 4 career live cashes for a total of $45,631
- This was Pingray's second-ever WSOP tournament
- Also Pingray's first-ever WSOP cash
- His payout was 885 times (!) his buy-in
- He's now 25th on France's all-time money winner list
For a 23-year-old student who just decided to take a year off from school to pursue poker, it's the ultimate gap-year miracle.
"I wanted to give myself a year off to play poker and see how it goes,” Pingray told the WSOP. “This is a big help, I must say.”
3) Phil Hellmuth Morphs Into Kinder, Gentler Phil Hellmuth
Will it last? Is PHV2 here to stay? Tune in tomorrow to find out! It could go either way!