PokerListings.com is the world's largest and most trusted online poker guide, offering the best online poker bonus deals guaranteed, over $1m in exclusive freerolls every year and the most free poker content available on the Web.
WSOP: $5m Colossus to be 'Largest Poker Tournament Ever'; Pre-Reg Booming
When the World Series of Poker announced the groundbreaking $565 Colossus event to be kick off this summer's WSOP, the poker world expected it to be huge.
It's now likely to be the "largest poker tournament ever held," according to the WSOP.
Pre-registration has exploded making the $5m guarantee look like just the tip of the iceberg and special preparations are in order to ensure the maximum amount of players can play.
If you're looking to get in on it, read on for important information on registration, flight schedules, registration and capacity limits.
Two Starting Days, Four Starting Flights
With just a $565 buy-in the Colossus is the lowest buy-in, open-field WSOP bracelet held ever held and the response from poker fans clearly shows it's a popular decision.
According to the WSOP it's seen record pre-registration levels already and "overwhelming" interest requiring special logistical planning to accommodate the massive field.
Two Day 1s, each with two separate seating flights are required:
- Friday, May 29, 2015: Flight A - 10 am/Flight B - 6 pm
- Saturday, May 30, 2015: Flight C - 10 am/Flight D - 6 pm
Intitial seating can take roughly 4,500 players and two 'Late waves' will also be accommodated after a few hours with seating for an additional 750-1,000 players.
Daily max. capacity is estimated around 6,350 players for Flights A/C and 5,750 for Flights B/D.
If all starting flights are filled to capacity it would put the starting field at well over 20,000 players.
Day 2 will run on Sunday, May 31 starting at 1:00 pm at the earliest. Day 3 will run June 1 at 1:00 pm and Day 4 at 1:00 pm on June 2. Play could be extended until Wed. June 3 if required.
More Key Info/Registration Details
Other important information to keep in mind when registering/playing the Colossus:
- All Day 1 flights play ten 40-minute levels (7h45mins real time)
- 10 am flights estimated to end at 5:45 pm.
- 6 pm flights estimated to end at 1:45 am
- Players will start with 5,000 chips when seated to begin play
- Players can forfeit chip stack at end of flight prior to bagging and can re-enter another flight
- Players can not enter another flight if they survived and didn't forfeit their chips
- Pre-register online now at http://www.wsop.com/registration; online registration closes May 12
- Pre-register in person at Rio Main Cage now through May 26
- Players should register for all flights they wish to play (will be refunded if they survive flight)
- The final table will be live streamed on www.WSOP.com/live
You May Also Like
Best Poker Sites - Editor`s Pick
26 September 2016 1
- See More Videos »