PokerListings.com is the world's largest and most trusted online poker guide, offering the best online poker bonus deals guaranteed, over $1m in exclusive freerolls every year and the most free poker content available on the Web.
Daily 3-Bet: Heads-Up Debate Tips, Pierce Retires, Hee Haws Fedor
The PokerListings Daily 3-Bet is an underrated fancy stats darling that’s ready to tear up the mid-afternoon poker news league with Corsi numbers that would make a math geek blush.
You can always make your own contributions to the Daily 3-Bet in the comments section below.
In today’s Daily 3-Bet we’ll take a look at Daniel Negreanu giving some political debate strategy tips, poker player/baller Paul Pierce retiring from the NBA and a racing dog named after Fedor Holz.
1) U.S. Election Debate = Heads-Up Poker
The marathon, gargantuan gong-show that is the US election is finally coming to a head with Donald Trump and Hilary Clinton set for an all-important debate tonight.
Interestingly there are more than a couple similarities between a one-on-one debate and heads-up poker so Wired Magazine rang up politics-junkie Daniel “Kid Poker” Negreanu for some strategy talk.
Here are a few of the poker-themed tips Negreanu provided:
- If Trump is his usual aggressive self then Clinton will most likely be able to employ a trapping strategy. If he switches things up and is more passive then Negreanu suggested Clinton will have to go on the aggressive and take some risks.
- If Clinton projects unease or stress she will come across like an anxious bluffer and all the planning in the world won’t save her.
- There will be three debates, which means it will be a marathon not a sprint. The first debate is likely to be a “feeler” of sorts.
Meanwhile Phil Hellmuth gave TheStreet.com some tips for both candidates if you want the Poker Brat perspective.
2) Paul Pierce to Retire After Upcoming Season
Paul Pierce is set to hang them up after one last season with the LA Clippers according to a statement he released this week.
The player they call “The Truth” accumulated over 20,000 points in his career, picked up a championship with the Celtics in 2008 and was named to the All-Star team 10 times.
Of course we know Pierce as a damn good card player as well. Pierce is one of the few NBA players who has actually played WSOP events and has played both the $10,000 buy-in NLHE Main Event and even the $10,000 buy-in Pot-Limit Omaha Championship with deep runs in both.
Might we perchance see a little more of The Truth once he’s officially done with his NBA career? Here’s hoping. 2017 WSOP get ready.
Here’s a video of Pierce by the Players’ Tribune describing why he decided to retire after the upcoming season.
3) CrownUpDog Hee Haws Fedor
The legend of Fedor Holz knows no bounds.
Now Holz is apparently getting weird spam that seems to reference the legendary Holz run-good.
Admit it, you’d put everything you own on a racing dog named Hee Haws Fedor.