Which Poker Hand Wins Calculator
“I have A-Q. He has A-4. The board reads 5-9-9-A-A. Who wins?”
As a Texas Hold’em beginner, reading the board can be tricky. You may not always be sure what poker hand beats what, or even what your own final hand is.
To help put an end to the confusion we built the ultimate Hold’em beginner's tool – the Which Poker Hand Wins Calculator.
How Do You Use the Which Poker Hand Wins Calculator?
- Pick the number of players in the hand. Players 1 and 2 are automatically included; click "Deal In" below the greyed-out cards to add more players.
- Select each player’s hole cards by clicking on the card icons below the table.
- When all players have hole cards, click on the card icons to create the board.
- Click the yellow “Which Hand Wins” button in the bottom-right corner.
- Click the black "reset" button on the left-hand side to clear all of the cards and start over.
After clicking the "Which Hand Wins" button, each player’s best five-card hand will appear in the right-hand column ranked from best to worst with the winner at the top.
An explanation of what hand the player holds will show below the cards.
The cards that make up the winner’s best poker hand are also highlighted in yellow on the table.
If two or more hands are “winners,” it’s a split pot and the chips should be split among the winners.
Make sense? Good. Give it a go; let us know what you think.
And if you're still unsure why his full house (666KK) beats your full house (AA333), drop a comment on our poker hand ranking page.