Live Poker Tournaments
Welcome to PokerListings.com's live tournament coverage. Our respected team of reporters criss-crosses the globe to bring you exclusive updates, blogs, interviews and photos from the world's most prestigious poker tournaments - including the WSOP, WSOPC, EPT, WPT and top stand-alone tournaments like the Aussie Millions.
Live Tournament UpdatesTruce! Antoan Katsarov is the 2014 Battle of Malta Champion!
We asked for a battle, and we got a battle.
So much of a battle, in fact, our two finalists battled right into the 5 am hard stop the casino is required to impose.
At the decision of the Tournament Director, the two will split the remaining prize pool according to the chips at the time of the stop.
Because they are being required to stop, they can't make a further deal to play for any extra money or the trophy, so the tournament is offically over.
The chip leader as of the final hand? Bulgaria's Antoan Katsarov, who will take home €122,750 and the Battle of Malta trophy for 2014!
The runner-up is Malta's own Alan James Brincat, who will himself pocket €107,250.
Both players were quite happy with the decision, although there was some playful banter about who would get to take home the fantastic Battle of Malta trophy.
Congratulations to our two worthy combatants! Full recap to follow in our news section.
1. Antoan Katsarov, Bulgaria €122,750*
2. Alan James Brincat, Malta €107,250*
3. Pär Ebenhardt, Sweden €53,000
4. Oskar Szwed, Poland €42,500
5. Hugo Lemaire, France €32,000
6. Declan Connolly, Ireland €23,000
7. Pontus Dargren, Sweden €16,095
8. Johan Krans, Sweden €12,100
9. Wouter Beumers, Netherlands €9,100
Watch BOM Recap Video with Maria Ho
Live Tournament Blogs
It’s been one hell of a ride at the 2014 Battle of Malta with record-setting fields, huge prizes, Maria Ho and even an unusual truce at the end of the tournament.
In other words it was a pretty noteworthy event.
Our photographers captured the whole thing from the initial shuffle up and deal to the final hand of the final table.
Below is a collection of photos from the final day that eventually saw Antoan Katsarov take down the 2014 Battle of Malta trophy and over €100,000 in cash.
- 2014 PokerListings Battle of Malta in Photos: Day 1b0
- 2014 PokerListings Battle of Malta in Photos: Day 1a0
- Get Together and Feel Alright: A Quick Guide to Malta Bars & Nightlife0
- Get Your Feet Wet: Malta's Best Sand Beaches0
- The Battle of Malta Players’ Guide to Dining Out0
- Top Five Nearby Spas for Unwinding During the Battle of Malta0
- Sailing, Diving, Cruising: Battle of Malta Makes Perfect Poker Holiday0
- 25+ Things to Do in Malta Outside of the Battle of Malta0
- Watch EPT London (S11) Main Event Live Stream Right Here!0