Live Poker Tournaments
Welcome to PokerListings.com's live tournament coverage. Our respected team of reporters criss-crosses the globe to bring you exclusive updates, blogs, interviews and photos from the world's most prestigious poker tournaments - including the WSOP, WSOPC, EPT, WPT and top stand-alone tournaments like the Aussie Millions.
Live Tournament UpdatesTruce! Antoan Katsarov is the 2014 Battle of Malta Champion!
We asked for a battle, and we got a battle.
So much of a battle, in fact, our two finalists battled right into the 5 am hard stop the casino is required to impose.
At the decision of the Tournament Director, the two will split the remaining prize pool according to the chips at the time of the stop.
Because they are being required to stop, they can't make a further deal to play for any extra money or the trophy, so the tournament is offically over.
The chip leader as of the final hand? Bulgaria's Antoan Katsarov, who will take home €122,750 and the Battle of Malta trophy for 2014!
The runner-up is Malta's own Alan James Brincat, who will himself pocket €107,250.
Both players were quite happy with the decision, although there was some playful banter about who would get to take home the fantastic Battle of Malta trophy.
Congratulations to our two worthy combatants! Full recap to follow in our news section.
1. Antoan Katsarov, Bulgaria €122,750*
2. Alan James Brincat, Malta €107,250*
3. Pär Ebenhardt, Sweden €53,000
4. Oskar Szwed, Poland €42,500
5. Hugo Lemaire, France €32,000
6. Declan Connolly, Ireland €23,000
7. Pontus Dargren, Sweden €16,095
8. Johan Krans, Sweden €12,100
9. Wouter Beumers, Netherlands €9,100
Watch BOM Recap Video with Maria Ho
Live Tournament Blogs
In a new five-part series writer Christian Henkel digs deep into Las Vegas history to uncover the truth behind some of the gambling world's most notorious figures.
This week’s subject is Benny Binion. Check back weekly for more profiles.
By Christian Henkel
Benny Binion went to Vegas after the Second World War. Little did anyone know he would change Sin City forever. His motto “If you want to get rich, make little people feel like big people” quickly turned the Horseshoe into one of the best casinos in Las Vegas.
But the biggest achievement of his marketing genius was the invention of the World Series of Poker.
These are the stories of the men who made Vegas what it is today – the greatest and craziest place on earth.
- The Periodic Table of Stuff Poker Players Like (Infographic)0
- Watch the 2015 PCA Main Event Live Stream Right Here!0
- Jeff Madsen: Best Poker Rapper and Freestyler of All Time?0
- Watch EPT Prague (S11) Main Event Live Stream Right Here!0
- 2014 Battle of Malta Final Day: The Photo Blog0
- 2014 PokerListings Battle of Malta in Photos: Day 1b0
- 2014 PokerListings Battle of Malta in Photos: Day 1a0
- Get Together and Feel Alright: A Quick Guide to Malta Bars & Nightlife0
- Get Your Feet Wet: Malta's Best Sand Beaches0