Live Poker Tournaments
Welcome to PokerListings.com's live tournament coverage. Our respected team of reporters criss-crosses the globe to bring you exclusive updates, blogs, interviews and photos from the world's most prestigious poker tournaments - including the WSOP, WSOPC, EPT, WPT and top stand-alone tournaments like the Aussie Millions.
Live Tournament Updates(Video) Eddy Sabat Takes 16th, $347k and Tons of Experience
By Matthew Showell
Eddy Sabat has been playing poker professionally on the live tournament circuit since 2007 and had the biggest opportunity of his career today in Las Vegas.
Unfortunately Sabat busted just a few spots shy of the November Nine. The consolation? A $347,521 payday.
Sabat brought his live tournament total up to over $2.3 million and posted another six-figure score to his resume.
PokerListings spoke to Sabat before he busted and it was clear that this experience meant a lot to him. "As someone who has dedicated his life to poker this is a dream come true for me," said Sabat.
And in addition to the $347k, Sabat also said he'll be taking very valuable poker experience away from the seven days he's spent playing in this WSOP Main Event.
Live Tournament Blogs
Now that the 2014 November Nine is officially set, no matter where each of those nine players finishes there's one thing now guaranteed on top of that $730k payout:
We're (probably) going to remember all of their names.
Year 7 of the great Nov. 9 experiment has produced one of the more intriguing tables in recent history with the jaw-dropping back-to-back run of Mark Newhouse, the wire-to-wire steadiness of Swede Martin Jacobson and foosball wildcard Billy Pappas.
How would we feel if a completely different set of nine players had survived the end game this year? How about any other year?
It's hard to say, of course, and a semi-ridiculous proposition (you can't change the past after all). But it is fun to think about. And there's a very intriguing set of names to finish in the 10-50 slots over the past seven years.
Would we be following Matt Affleck's poker exploits instead of Jonathan Duhamel's? Would Yevgeniy Timoshenko be a mainstream teenage hearththrob? Would Tiffany Michelle be a soap actress or a poker pro? Would women make up a bigger percentage of the poker world?
Play along with our What-ifs as we look at the near misses in the history of the November Nine.
- Dominik Nitsche's WSOP Diary: Profitable WSOP = Guest Room in New Apt.0
- (Video) Bryan "Devo" Devonshire is Clearly the Ron Swanson of Poker0
- Dominik Nitsche's WSOP Diary: Nobody Wants to Look Like a Complete Idiot0
- Paul Pierce Rises and Fires Again at $10k WSOP Main Event (Photos)0
- Breaking Bad's Aaron Paul On Stealth Mission at World Series of Poker0
- Poker Players Rep Sports Stars (and the McRib) at 2014 WSOP (Photos)0
- Dominik Nitsche's WSOP Diary: I Never Have a Lot of Cash in My Pockets0
- Toronto Maple Leaf Phil Kessel Sweats Daniel Negreanu Instead of Free Agency0
- 10 Years After 1 Night in Paris, Rick Salomon Spends $1m on Poker Tournament0