Poker pro Shannon Shorr highlighted a busy Sunday of online poker tournaments by winning the elite PokerStars 500 yesterday.
While the Sunday Million and Sunday Warm-Up tend to offer bigger prize pools, the Sunday 500 is arguably an even tougher test of skill as the field is largely professional players.
Although Shorr has made some notable scores in FTOPS on Full Tilt, it was his biggest cash on PokerStars.
Check out highlights from the Sunday 500, Million and Warm-Up below:
PokerStars Sunday 500
Shannon Shorr outlasted a field of 792 players to win over $50k in this week’s PokerStars Sunday 500.
The American-born Shorr, who plays on PokerStars as basebal1b, won the online tournament from an account registered in Costa Rica.
The final table also featured 2011 WSOP Main Event runner-up finisher Martin Staszko. The Team PokerStars Pro busted in ninth place to secure a $4.9k consolation prize.
Noted online grinder Chris “ImDaNuts” Oliver just missed out on the final table coming in 12th place.
A deal was cut four-handed but Shorr still walked away with the biggest payday. It’s been a good year for Shorr, who won nearly $500k at the WSOP this summer.
Here’s a complete look at the final table payouts (*reflects four-way deal):
- 1. basebal1b (Costa Rica) $52,723*
- 2. Jarcon86 (Findland) $37,837*
- 3. JopperHarryN (Netherlands) $47,849*
- 4. Tiger0000000 (Germany) $51,471*
- 5. Big_nat123 (Canada) $19,958
- 6. pokerpimps81 (Canada) $15,998
- 7. raidalot (United Kingdom) $12,038
- 8. Bounatirou (Germany) $8,118
- 9. M. Staszko (Czech Republic) $4,950
PokerStars Sunday Million
Lithuanian online player bagoch smashed the Sunday Million this week to win $196k.
As usual the PokerStars Sunday Million was the biggest tournament of the week drawing 6,835 players to create a prizepool of $1.3 million.
Lex Veldhuis, Andre Akkari, Johnny Lodden and Mickey Petersen were among the numerous PokerStars pros who bought into the massive tournament but they all busted before the money.
Shane “Shaniac” Schleger, Henrique Pinho and Liv Boeree earned bragging rights over their teammates by making it into the money.
Bagoch was third in chips entering the final table with 7.3 million but had to deal with the massive stack of Canadian a$$ou who had 21 million chips.
Surprisingly a$$ou only made it to fifth place before taking his place on the rail.
Bagoch would go on to best the U.K.’s WithoutAir heads-up to take down the $196k first-place prize.
Here’s a complete look at the final table payouts:
- 1. bagoch (Lithuania) $196,791.00*
- 2. WithoutAir (United Kingdom) $164,917.20*
- 3. gjita (Russia) $109,360.00
- 4. weygang (Australia) $75,185.00
- 5. a$$ou (Canada) $57,414.00
- 6. NoiDoiAA (Romania) $43,744.00
- 7. teckidtq (Canada) $30,074.00
- 8. vadeinpace11 (Russia) $16,404.00
- 9. dean23price (United Kingdom) $10,594.25
PokerStars Sunday Warm-Up
Bulgarian vladulaNko overcame PIPI tapis! heads-up to secure the $109k first-place prize in the Sunday Warm-Up this week.
The Sunday Warm-Up 3,497 players this week to create a prize pool of $699k.
The PokerStars pros didn’t make a ton of noise in the tournament with only Mickey Petersen and Matthias de Meulder making it into the money.
The final table was truly an international affair with representatives from Malta, Canada, Taiwan, Russia, Germany and Mexico.
PIPI tapis! took a chip lead of eight million chips into the final table, which was enough to almost carry him to victory.
Instead PIPI tapis! was upset by vladulaNko who won the tournament with ace-king to PIPI tapis!’s ace-jack.
Here are the final table payouts:
- 1. vladulaNko (Bulgaria) $109,806.97
- 2. PIPI tapis! (Malta) $81,829.80
- 3. 4rebmun (Canada) $57,700.50
- 4. GEGENTOP (Germany) $40,215.50
- 5. pbychkov (Russia) $29,724.50
- 6. ynd! (Taiwan) $22,730.50
- 7. o_omx (Mexico) $15,736.50
- 8. alvikom (Ukraine) $8,742.50
- 9. Goldboy2005 (Russia) $5,595.20
You May Also Like
Qualifiers are once again running for PokerStars’ Shark Cage promo where one online player faces off against legendary poker players for a shot at $1...
05 March 2014
888poker is giving PokerListings players a free shot at qualifying for the upcoming 888live event in Venice, Italy.
04 March 2014
Germany's DrUPSWING topped countryman hdjgkfkgsdl in an epic Anniversary Sunday Million final table early this morning to earn $1m.
03 March 2014
Want to play poker on a team with Gus Hansen or Viktor Blom for a chance to win a slice of $40,000?
01 March 2014