PokerListings.com is the world's largest and most trusted online poker guide, offering the best online poker bonus deals guaranteed, over $1m in exclusive freerolls every year and the most free poker content available on the Web.
Colman Strikes WCOOP Gold, Close Call for Danzer
Dan “mrGR33N13” Colman out-dueled the field in the $10k WCOOP Heads-Up High Roller this weekend to win $172k while George Danzer nearly snagged his third WCOOP title.
Colman, who was the first hyper-turbo player to hit $1 million in a calendar year, beat Austrian Martin "0PIGGYBANK" Finger to clinch his first WCOOP title.
The high-roller tournament drew 61 elite players to create a $610,000 prizepool.
Some of the biggest names in the tournament fell in the first round as Viktor “Isildur1” Blom and Bertrand “Elky” Grospellier couldn’t get much going. Shaun Deeb and Ben Sulsky didn’t last much longer going out in the second and third rounds respectively.
Colman got a stiff test in the quarterfinals when he faced the online player caaaaamel. Despite a long bout, Colman finally pulled away and booked the win.
The final heads-up match proved to be slightly anticlimactic and Colman and 0PIGGYBANK agreed to chop for nearly everything.
Here’s a complete look at the final eight payouts for WCOOP-44 (*reflects two-way deal):
- 1st Daniel "mrGR33N13" Colman (Canada) - $172,500.00*
- 2nd "0PIGGYBANK" (Austria) - $163,000.00*
- 3rd Lottenice (Denmark) - $61,000.00
- 4th Alexander "Sussie Smith" Roumeliotis (Sweden) - $61,000.00
- 5th fish2013 (Belarus) - $38,125.00
- 6th caaaaamel (Austria) - $38,125.00
- 7th ChaoRen160 (Macao) - $38,125.00
- 8th TwoSHAE357 (Canada) - $38,125.00
ZIMMY86 Dusts Off George Danzer in WCOOP-40
In the other massive tournament this weekend ZIMMY86 bested George Danzer to win WCOOP-40 $1,050 NLHE 6-Max.
WCOOP-40 proved to be a monster with the 1,210 entrants more than doubling the prizepool guarantee of $500k. In total there was $1.2 million up for grabs.
Surprisingly the final table didn’t have a lot of big names other than Danzer.
One of the most successful players in online poker history, Danzer has been tearing up leaderboards over the last couple years and snagged multiple COOP titles.
Danzer couldn’t get past ZIMMY86 in WCOOP-40 however.
The German simply couldn’t overcome the nearly 6-2 chip deficit he was at by the time heads-up play commenced.
Danzer called off his entire stack with king-high and a flopped flush-draw but it wasn’t able to crack ZIMMY86’s flopped pair of queens.
Fortunately for Danzer he still received $156,648 for second place. ZIMMY86 took down $182,852 for his efforts.
Here’s a complete look at the WCOOP-40 final-table payouts:
- 1st place. Zimmy86 (United Kingdom) - $182,856.62
- 2nd place. GeorgeDanzer (Austria) - $156,648.47
- 3rd place. anguila (United Kingdom) - $156,594.91
- 4th place. joao bauer (Brazil) - $89,661.00
- 5th place. OshriAK (Israel) - $60,500.00
- 6th place. moumaife84 (Denmark) - $36,300.00
- 7th place. Grizzlypower (Germany) - $24,200.00
- 8th place. byoon (Canada) - $15,125.00