Schemion, pre-ordained based on his #1 GPI ranking, was named the Live Player of the Year for his incredible year that included 14 final tables and three side-event wins at the EPT Grand Final.
Gruissem, a veritable one-man High Roller wrecking crew, was awarded the Best Tournament Performance crown for his back-to-back WPT Alpha8 High Roller wins.
Lewis, a surprise pick over Viktor "Isildur1" Blom, Chris Moorman and Niklas Heinecker, was named Internet Player of the Year for his SCOOP/FTOPS titles while Spain's Ana Marquez was named Europe's Leading Lady.
Losing out to Gruissem for tournament performance of the year, the UK's Barny Boatman still came away with the Lifetime Achievement award. The full list of winners:
- Rookie of the Year: Adrian Mateos Diaz
- Poker Personality of the Year: Roger Hairabedian
- Europe’s Leading Lady: Ana Marquez
- Live European Player of the Year: Ole Schemion
- Best Tournament Performance: Philipp Gruissem
- Internet Player of the Year: Toby Lewis
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Barny Boatman
- Poker Industry Person of the Year: Neil Johnson, PokerStars
- Poker Event of the Year: Full Tilt Poker Galway Festival
For the full list of nominees in each category check the European Poker Awards site here.
Kitai, Chidwick, Blain Among National POYs
Presented tonight in France as part of the ongoing EPT Deauville events, the GPI European Poker Awards also handed out eight National Player of the Year Awards based on overall rankings on the GPI Index.
- BELGIUM ›› Davidi Kitai
- FINLAND ›› Joni Jouhkimainen
- FRANCE ›› Benjamin Pollak
- IRELAND ›› Dermot Blain
- ITALY ›› Dario Sammartino
- NETHERLANDS ›› Govert Meetal
- SPAIN ›› Adrian Mateos Diaz
- UK ›› Stephen Chidwick