WCOOP Day 13: Dan Kelly Wins Record 4th Bracelet
Dan Kelly won a record fourth bracelet while Vanessa Selbst and Bertrand “Elky” Grospellier both made a final table on Day 13 of the 2012 WCOOP.
Kelly makes a strong case as one of the best online tournament players in the world with four WCOOP titles, one SCOOP title and numerous other huge online scores.
He also won the massive $25k 6-Max event in the 2010 WSOP for $1.3 million.
Meanwhile Selbst and Grospellier made the final table of the Limit Omaha-8 event.
Check below for a complete recap of Day 13 of the 2012 PokerStars World Championship of Online Poker.
Event 36 $215 No-Limit Hold’em [Rebuy]
Online grinder Dan Kelly won his fourth bracelet in style but outlasting an enormous field and then beating a tough final table that included Adam “Roothlus” Levy and Jim “Mr_BigQueso” Collopy.
In total Event 36 drew 1,483 players and once 1,587 re-buys and 1,060 add-ons were taken into the equation the prize pool sky-rocketed to $826,000.
The usual suspects were in attendance with Daniel Negreanu, Pius Heinz, Eugene Katchalov, Randy “Nanonoko” Lew and Nacho Barbero all taking a seat.
They were all shut out of the cash but George Danzer, who has been the story of the 2012 WCOOP, finished 106th to secure his 10th cash this year – more than any other player.
Kelly entered the final table third in chips and was a rock at the final table, never dipping dangerously low.
Collopy went out relatively early in seventh place while Levi made it all the way to fourth place before making an ill-timed shove with king-nine against an opponent with pocket aces.
Kelly was out-chipped more than 4-1 to heads-up opponent auercan but refused to make a deal. It paid off for Kelly as he eventually defeated auercan to take down the entire $138,355 first-place prize.
Here’s a look at the final table payouts:
- 1. Dan "djk123" Kelly (Australia) $138,355.00
- 2. auercan (Turkey) $101,185.00
- 3. thagrinda444 (Canada) $76,405.00
- 4. Adam "Roothlus" Levy (Canada) $56,168.00
- 5. Skammes (Sweden) $40,474.00
- 6. PSMozak (Bulgaria) $32,214.00
- 7. Jim "Mr_BigQueso" Collopy (Australia) $23,954.00
- 8. tupacmn (Germany) $15,694.00
- 9. snake8484 (Canada) $8,507.80
Event 37 $530 Limit Omaha-8
Team PokerStars Pros Vanessa Selbst and Bertand “Elky” Grospellier both made the final table of Event 37.
The Limit Omaha-8 event attracted 429 players, all chasing a first-place prize of $41,162.
Adrienne “talonchick” Rowsome, Chris “moorman1” Moorman and Stephen Chidwick were among the numerous pros who competed in the early stages of the tournament.
By the time the final table was set Grospellier was one of the middle stacks with 408,066 while Selbst was right behind him with 329,271.
Surprisingly Grospellier only made it to eighth place before hitting the rail. The French pro will have to wait another day to win his third WCOOP bracelet.
Selbst, who won a second WSOP bracelet this summer, did reasonably better making it to fifth place before busting to UHaveNoMoney. She picked up $12,012 for her efforts.
Norwegian online player inspecta went on to win the contest outright, beating henrikx heads-up. Inspecta took down $41k for his Limit Omaha-8 skills.
Here are the complete final table payouts:
- 1. inspecta (Norway) $41,162.55
- 2. henrikx (Sweden) $30,566.25
- 3. Aftret (Norway) $22,522.50
- 4. UHaveNoMoney (Norway) $17,160.00
- 5. Team PokerStars Pro Vanessa Selbst $12,012.00
- 6. highland (Mexico) $9,116.25
- 7. PokerSavage1 (Mexico) $6,971.25
- 8. Team PokerStars Pro Bertrand "ElkY" Grospellier $4,826.25
- 9. utvekklo2 (Sweden) $3,560.70
Event 38 $215 Pot-Limit/No-Limit Hold’em
The experimental Pot-Limit/No-Limit Hold’em event proved popular with poker players yesterday drawing 1,273 players to create a prize pool of $254k.
The unique format saw Pot-Limit played pre-flop and No-Limit played the rest of the way.
Among the numerous pros to take a shot at the new event were Randy “Nanonoko” Lew, Dan “djk123” Kelly, James “Andy McLEOD” Obst, Liv Boeree, Faraz Jaka and George Danzer.
Griffin “Flush_Entity” Benger made yet another deep run in a WCOOP event by finishing in 16th place for $1,222. Benger now has eight cashes in the 2012 WCOOP but has yet to make a final table.
As the final table approached online player 1UP_18 started to pull away from the rest of the field.
1UP_18 entered the final table as the chip leader with 1.9 million chips. 1UP_18 never looked back and went wire-to-wire eventually beating smokin27 heads-up to claim the $43,282.
Here’s a complete look at the final table payouts:
- 1st: 1UP_18 (United Kingdom) -- $43,282
- 2nd: smokin27 (Canada) -- $31,825
- 3rd: donut604 (Canada) -- $24,161.54
- 4th: pippz (Sweden) -- $17,312.80
- 5th: RIVERR0BB0 (United Kingdom) -- $12,602.70
- 6th: @cey@lone (Germany) -- $10,056.70
- 7th: galfano79 (Ireland) -- $7,510.70
- 8th: czlol (Czech Republic) -- $4,964.70
- 9th: 00psiedaisy (Costa Rica) -- $2,749.68
WCOOP Events Starting Today
11:00 ET – WCOOP-39 $700 No-Limit Hold’em Heads-Up
- $700 buy-in $250,000 guaranteed
13:00 ET – WCOOP-40 $320 No-Limit Hold’em [6-Max]
- $320 buy-in $250,000 guaranteed
15:00 ET – WCOOP-41 $320 HORSE
- $320 buy-in $100,000 guaranteed
because they don't play in the U.S . elky lives in u.k slebst plays in canada.
how did vanessa & elky play on pokerstars online series events, from the united states