PokerListings.com is the world's largest and most trusted online poker guide, offering the best online poker bonus deals guaranteed, over $1m in exclusive freerolls every year and the most free poker content available on the Web.
Near Misses for Benger, Kay in Sunday Online Majors
Canadians Griffin “Flush_Entity” Benger and Matt “ch0ppy” Kay both final-tabled online majors this weekend but ultimately fell short of victory.
Over $2.5 million was awarded across the three biggest online tournaments this weekend on PokerStars.com with three players walking away more than six figures richer.
The biggest score went to Australia's petesgotaces who eschewed a deal in the Sunday Million to claim $227,524.
Keep reading for highlights from the weekend's biggest biggest online poker tournaments.
Matt "ch0ppy" Kay Comes Third in Sunday Million
Canadian live and online pro Matt “ch0ppy” Kay won the Sunday Million in 2007 for over $200k but was forced to settle for third and $121k yesterday.
Kay is currently ranked number three in the world for online tournaments.
7,584 players battled it out in the Million this week, fighting for part of the $1,516,800 prize pool.
There was no talk of a deal with Australian petesgotaces defeating Finland's gypsymagi820 to close out the tournament.
Other notables to finish in the money include Chris “Moorman1” Moorman (296th) and Naoya “nkeyno” Kihara who posted the deepest run from a member of Team PokerStars Online.
Here are the final-table results for this week's Sunday Million:
- 1st. petesgotaces (Australia) - $227,524
- 2nd. gypsymagi820 (Finland) - $167,409
- 3rd. ch0ppy (Canada) - $121,344
- 4th. henne205 (Germany) - $80,390
- 5th. Lukie99 (Germany) - $62,188
- 6th. ohulahan1 (Germany) - $47,020
- 7th. LoredanKK (Romania) - $32,611
- 8th. levan-geo (Latvia) - $18,201
- 9th. Kaymanys (Denmark) - $11,755
Griffin "Flush_Entity" Benger Final-Tables Sunday 500
Continuing a lucrative day for Canadians on the online felt was Griffin “Flush_Entity” Benger with a final-table appearance in the Sunday 500.
Benger, who was featured in the PokerListings.com short documentary series Easy Game finished seventh for just over $11,000.
Busting right before him was legendary online player Thayer “THAY3R” Rassmussen.
Brazil's theNERDguy was able to outlast them all to win the tournament and collect the $69k first-place prize.
Also cashing were Andrey “Kroko-dill” Zaichenko (23rd), Chris “ImDaNuts” Oliver (27th), Shyam “G's zee” Srinivasan (28th), Rupert “ElRupert” Elder (42nd) and Chris “Moorman1” Moorman.
Here are the final-table results from this week's Sunday 500.
- 1st. TheNERDguy (Brazil) - $69,480
- 2nd. eliorak (Israel) - $50,180
- 3rd. XtheDecanoX (Brazil) - $37,442
- 4th. fish2013 (Belarus) - $27,985
- 5th. nadalon (Mexico) - $19,454
- 6th. Garrin4e (Ukraine) - $15,594
- 7th. Flush_Entity (Canada) - $11,734
- 8th. THAY3R (Mexico) - $7,913
- 9th. Pampa27 (Argentina) - $4,825