In April 2021, PokerStars and US online gaming partner Fox Bet announced the US market’s SCOOP (Spring Championship for Online Poker). These are the PASCOOP, MISCOOP and NJSCOOP events.
The PASCOOP for Pennsylvania players is just wrapping up as we close in on May 3, after having run since April 17. We expect this will be the biggest of all three SCOOP events because of the huge player base in the state and thus will likely smash the $2 Million guarantees after 120 events. The PASCOOP Main Event will be on May 2, 2021 with three tiers of buy-ins and five allowed re-entries. The low buy-in of $30 with a $20K GTD, mid-level for $75 with $40K GTD and high-level $300 has a $200K GTD.
Now it’s New Jersey and Michigan’s turn to join the series. This will be the first year that Michigan players can participate in their own event - the MISCOOP, after PokerStars Michigan launched in January 2021. This will run in tandem with the NJSCOOP for New Jersey players.
Both events will be held from May 8-24, 2021 and together will have over $3 Million in guaranteed payouts. MISCOOP will feature $2 million in guaranteed prize pools across 120 events. Whereas NJSCOOP will award a guaranteed $1.2 million across 100 events.
How to enter MISCOOP and NJSCOOP events:
- MISCOOP & NJSCOOP Depositor Freeroll: $15,000 in Main Event tickets for both SCOOPs. To win a freeroll ticket, players must deposit $30 or more using the Bonus Code ‘MISCOOP’ or ‘NJSCOOP’ prior to Sunday, May 23.
- Second Chance Freerolls: If you get knocked out of a MISCOOP/NJSCOOP tournament before the money, you get an entry to the next day’s Second Chance Freeroll with $1,000 in tickets daily.
- Spin & Gos: Win Main Event tickets in special $3 Spin & Go’s running daily until Sunday, May 23.
- MISCOOP Leaderboard: Earn points in MISCOOP events for placing in the top 30. The higher the finish, the more points you receive, with the top 15 performers splitting $10,000 cash.
Join PokerStars in time for MISCOOP:
PokerStars Michigan and MISCOOP
- Total of 120 tournaments
- 40 events – each with low, medium & high buy-in
- $2M in guaranteed prize pools
- Two-day Main Event with $200K GTD
The first ever MISCOOP will kick off with a bang. There will of course be the popular NLHE events, at least one a day, with buy-ins from $10-$100. The guarantees range from $5K to $40K, and there will be more action on the weekends. On the schedule are also Omaha and 8-Game games with different structures, like turbos and knockouts. It all leads up to the Sunday, May 23 MISCOOP Main Event/s:
- Event 36-L: $30 buy-in NLHE MISCOOP Mini Main Event (5 reentries, $20K GTD)
- Event 36-M: $75 buy-in NLHE MISCOOP Mid Main Event (5 reentries, $40K GTD)
- Event 36-H: $300 buy-in NLHE MISCOOP Main Event (5 reentries, $200K GTD)
The main Main will stop after 7.5 hours and restart on Monday, May 24 to play for the win. Then the final event (40) will be on May 24 - a NLHE 6-Max PKO (progressive knockout) hyper-turbo with buy-ins of $5, $15, and $50 with $1K, $2.5K, and $6K GTD.
There will also be loads of ways for you to win entry into the MISCOOP Main Event on PokerStars MI. Including a $15K Main Event Depositor Freeroll, daily Second Chance freerolls, Spin & Gos, and more. There will also be an MISCOOP leaderboard competition where the top winner gets $3,000 cash and another $7,000 goes to the other top 14 finishers.
Join PokerStars and Qualify for NJSCOOP:
PokerStars New Jersey and NJSCOOP
- Total of 165 tournaments
- 55 events with three tier buy-ins: low, mid and high
- $1.2M in guaranteed prize pools
- Two-day Main Event with $100K GTD
The series will start with three NLHE events, including a deepstack PKO (progressive knockout) which are incredibly popular in these fields. All with three tier buy-ins ranging from $10-$200, so nine of these events in total with guarantees from $1.25K to $20K. Since New Jerseys favor Hold’em events over Omaha, we only see a few PLO events, with also a few Zoom and PKO structures for fun. All leading up to the NJSCOOP Main Event on May 23, same as MISCOOP:
- -Event 51-L: $50 buy-in NLHE NJSCOOP Mini Main Event (5 reentries, $10K GTD)
- -Event 51-M: $300 buy-in NLHE NJSCOOP Main Event (5 reentries, $100K GTD)
- -Event 51-H: $500 buy-in NLHE High Roller Jersey Special (5 reentries, $20K GTD)
Then, the last NJSCOOP event will be the famous Last Chance deepstacks with buy-ins from $20-75 and guarantees from $3,000-$8,000. There will also be many ways to enter the NJSCOOP Main Event from PokerStars NJ. Just like the MISCOOP, there will be a Depositor Freeroll, daily Second Chance Freerolls, and special Spin & Gos.
The Garden State is no newbie when it comes to SCOOP events. In fact, last year alone, there were 48 original events and $1.2M in guarantees. However, that was all smashed with a whopping 33,738 entries and $1,796,126 paid out in total. Let’s see what transpires this year.
Why PokerStars is the Best
PokerStars has held the throne of the internet poker world year after year and features at the top of our online poker operator list for a number of reasons.
- Top Software Online: There's no better than Stars award-winning software - fast, smooth and innovative with modern internet poker features.
- Unbeatable Game Selection: Stars have the biggest game variety of all, including mixed games and niche options round the clock.
- Nice poker bonuses: $30 free when you sign up, then a barrage of deposit bonuses and promotions - running daily and weekly.
- Highest traffic - You’ll find the most players at PokerStars.eu. There’s always a game running, for all variants, both cash games and tournaments.
- Award Winner of PokerListings Best Overall Software and Best Online Series (WCOOP) in 2020, along with many other poker industry accolades.
- Home Games available within the client to play privately with friends online in your own personal clubs.
Join PokerStars for a free bonus by clicking below: