- PokerListings »
- News »
- The 2022 Word Series of Poker Starts Today
The 2022 Word Series of Poker Starts Today
Table of Contents
Today marks the start of the 2022 World Series of Poker and a total of 88 bracelet events are on this year's schedule until July 20th.
5 million guaranteed on the first weekend
The 2022 WSOP will host tournaments with buy-ins ranging from $400 to $250,000. The first huge event, the $100.000 High Roller Bounty starts today alongside the Employees Event. This year there will also be a tournament with a guaranteed prize pool of $5,000,000 on the opening weekend. This event is appropriately named "The Housewarming" and has a moderate buy-in of $500. Affordable opening weekend tournaments have resulted in some of the largest fields in WSOP history in the past. Last year's "Reunion" event drew a whopping 12,973 entrants and organizers expect an even larger field in 2022 as the WSOP now returns to the traditional summer calendar.
The Main Event, with a $10,000 buy-in, begins on July 3rd. There are a total of 4 starting days and the tournament will be played in freeze-out mode as usual. In total, the Main Event is scheduled for 14 days.
Return to the Horseshoe on the Strip
After 17 years at the Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino, the WSOP is moving to Bally's on the Las Vegas Strip for the first time. The casino will soon be renamed the Horseshoe. This is the name of the casino where the WSOP was held for the first 30 years. The very first WSOP tournament was held at the original Horseshoe in Las Vegas in 1970.
Ty Stewart, Executive Director of the WSOP is excited about the new location, "This year is particularly historic for the WSOP with its move to the heart of the Las Vegas Strip and debut in the best facilities we’ve ever had. We’re ready to welcome players from all over the world to our housewarming party at Bally’s, soon-to-be Horseshoe, and Paris. The schedule is jam-packed with first-class events and we expect this to be the biggest and most anticipated WSOP yet."
The new WSOP venue will include all convention rooms at both Paris Las Vegas and Bally's. This will give the tournament a capacity of 600 poker tables and 150,000 square feet of space - more than ever before.
No masks or vaccines required
Contrary to last year's WSOP the World Series of Poker 2022 will not require players to provide a vaccination certificate and players will be able to participate without mandatory face masks.
Daily live broadcasts
The WSOP will stream almost daily events on PokerGo. Produced exclusively by Poker Central, 18 different bracelet events will be televised, with the 2022 Main Event having at least 15 hours of air time.
» 2022 WSOP Schedule on Poker GO
WSOP 2022 Highlights
These are some of the highlights of the WSOP 2022 besides the Main Event:
- Millionaire Maker, Colossus and Closer: Every Friday and Saturday of the WSOP 2022, one of the very big No-Limit Hold'em events will take place. The past successful tournaments Millionaire Maker, Monster Stack, Colossus and The Closer all return with multi-million dollar prize pools.
- Tournament of Champions: One of the highlights of the WSOP will be the first-ever Tournament of Champions. This is a freeroll with a prize pool of $1,000,000 and all 88 bracelet and gold ring winners from the 2021/2022 WSOP Circuit season will be eligible to participate.
- $100,000 High Roller Bounty: A rather expensive tournament will be offered on the very first day of this year's WSOP. This new high-stakes event is designed to attract the poker elite and there is a $25,000 bounty for each player who is eliminated.
- $25,000 Heads Up Championship: The WSOP's annual heads-up championship focuses on prestige and this year the buy-in is increased to $25,000. A maximum of 64 players can enter.
- $1,000 Flip and Go: The popular online format will once again be transformed into a live event. Each player is all-in on the first hand before the flop, is dealt three cards and chooses two. The player who wins the table is immediately in the money. After the first round of flips, the tournament will continue in regular mode.
- $1,000 Senior's Championship: The Senior's Championship event will be played for the second time, with players having one optional re-entry per flight.
- $777 Lucky Seven's: The name almost says everything about this tournament. The buy-in is $777 and there is a guaranteed prize of $777,777 for first place.
» Everything about the WSOP
» WSOP 2022 details
» How to qualify for the 2022 WSOP online
WSOP 2022 Schedule
» Complete schedule of the WSOP 2022