As the world's most comprehensive Web site about online poker, we are committed to making sure players who sign up with online poker rooms through PokerListings.com links play responsibly:
- We are seriously committed to ensuring players play responsibly.
- We are seriously committed to ensuring players are of legal age to gamble.
What does responsible gaming look like?
- Make up your mind up to gamble only what you can afford to lose, not money for everyday expenses
- Check if you are in a depressed mood. If you are feeling down, don't play today
- Decide how much you are going to spend
- Decide how high your losses can be
- Set a time limit
- Take regular breaks
- Don't chase losses
- Use the help tools provided by many of the poker operators. These include:
- Customer-Led Deposit Limits - let you control the amount you deposit into your account.
- Self-Exclusion Tools - you can set a period of time in which you are not able to log in to your account.
More on legal-age gaming
- You must be at least 18 years old to gamble, or the legal gambling age where you live. This age varies from country to country, but it is defined as the age at which a person enters into full adult legal rights and responsibilities. This age is not necessarily the age of majority or voting age, so please do your research to see if you are of the right age before playing real-money poker.
- Protect minors by keeping your login and password information safe. Use child protection software that enables you to restrict gaming Web sites. Do not use the "save password" option on login screens.
Do you need to control your gambling?
- Find out by using this interactive self-assessment tool.
- Ask yourself these questions:
- Did you ever lose time from work or school due to gambling?
- Has gambling ever made your home life unhappy?
- Did gambling affect your reputation?
- Have you ever felt remorse after gambling?
- Did you ever gamble to get money with which to pay debts or otherwise solve financial difficulties?
- Did gambling cause a decrease in your ambition or efficiency?
- After losing did you feel you must return as soon as possible and win back your losses?
- After a win did you have a strong urge to return and win more?
- Did you often gamble until your last dollar was gone?
- Did you ever borrow to finance your gambling?
- Have you ever sold anything to finance gambling?
- Were you reluctant to use "gambling money" for normal expenditures?
- Did gambling make you careless of the welfare of yourself or your family?
- Did you ever gamble longer than you had planned?
- Have you ever gambled to escape worry, trouble, boredom or loneliness?
- Have you ever committed, or considered committing, an illegal act to finance gambling?
- Did gambling cause you to have difficulty in sleeping?
- Do arguments, disappointments or frustrations create within you an urge to gamble?
- Did you ever have an urge to celebrate any good fortune by a few hours of gambling?
- Have you ever considered self destruction or suicide as a result of your gambling?
Used with permission of Gamblers Anonymous
If you answered "yes" to some of these questions, you may have a compulsive gambling problem.
There is help available
If you have any questions or feel you need help, get in touch with one of the following organizations:
|Click here to search the National Council for Problem Gambling database for a certified gambling counselor.|
|Click here to visit the Gamblers Anonymous Web site.|
PokerListings.com holds the following responsible gaming affiliations:
PokerListings.com is a proud member of eCOGRA. eCOGRA is the independent standards authority of the online gaming industry, specifically overseeing fair gaming, player protection and responsible operator conduct. The function that eCOGRA performs protects those who engage in online gaming where it is lawful. To learn more about eCOGRA, click here
PokerListings.com is a proud member of the Interactive Gaming Council. To learn more about the Interactive Gaming Council, click here
PokerListings.com operates in an honest and responsible fashion and is GPWA-approved.
PokerListings.com is a proud member of IGASA. IGASA is a central governing body which protects advertisers' brands when they advertise on gambling Web sites. It does so by offering gambling Web sites the chance to become approved by the IGASA authority and meet the standards required by advertisers in order to advertise on their sites, by ensuring networks only deliver advertisers' brands on sites that have met the standards of IGASA, and by regulating and facilitating the purchase and sale of Internet gambling advertising.