Arthur Crowson is an award-winning journalist. He was born in Vancouver, Canada.
During his time in the business he has written for newspapers, magazines and Web sites. While working in print journalism he spent time on a variety of beats including sports, politics, news, entertainment and features. He is also a bit of shutter-jockey and his photography has been published in a number of newspapers and magazines.
One of his career highlights was writing a series of stories about a boy who suffered from epilepsy and his family’s struggles to get him treatment. In 2005 Arthur was recognized for his work when he won an award for community service at the prestigious BCYCNA Ma Murray Community Newspaper awards.
Arthur has been involved exclusively with the poker industry since the 2006 World Series of Poker where he still claims to have captured the first interview with a then-unknown player named Jamie Gold on one of the days leading up to the Main Event final table. Since then Arthur has been working full-time for PokerListings.com writing news stories, covering poker tournaments, interviewing players and snapping photos.
In his spare time Arthur enjoys surfing, snowboarding and, of course, poker. He can be reached at arthur.crowson (at) pokerlistings.com.
- Billy Pappas: “No One Knew Me, That Was My Big Advantage”
- The 20 Best Moments in Poker in 2014: #10-6
- The 20 Best Moments in Poker in 2014: #15-11
- The 20 Best Moments in Poker in 2014: #20-16
- Did Bulletproof Coffee Help Unlock Martin Jacobson's $10m WSOP Win?
- Hearthstone Pro Gabe 'Gwalls' Walls: “Poker Needs to Innovate”
- Europe Rules: Van Hoof, Stephensen, Jacobson Final 3 in Main Event
- 2014 November Nine Preview: The Grinders
- 20-Year-Old Kiwi Poker Pro David Yan Ready for WSOP Vegas Debut
- What’s the Future of Poker? Hint: PLO
Latest Blog Posts
- Will Pure Hold’em Shake Up Poker Video Games?
- Are Poker Players Cheating with Card-Reading Poker Analyzer Tools?
- Will the Apple Watch Be a Useful Tool for Poker?
- 17 Unbelievable Things That Actually Happened at the 2006 WSOP
- Five New Mobile Poker Apps That Don't Suck
- iOS App Tag Team Poker Encourages Collusion in New Twist
- Why Prismata Represents Convergence of Card Games, Video Games
- How Microsoft’s Wild HoloLens Could Change Live Poker Forever
- Bitnplay Becomes First Poker Site to Crowdfund Start-up Capital
- Five Classic MS-DOS Poker Games You Can Play in Your Browser