Arthur Crowson is an award-winning journalist. He was born in Vancouver, Canada.
During his time in the business he has written for newspapers, magazines and Web sites. While working in print journalism he spent time on a variety of beats including sports, politics, news, entertainment and features. He is also a bit of shutter-jockey and his photography has been published in a number of newspapers and magazines.
One of his career highlights was writing a series of stories about a boy who suffered from epilepsy and his family’s struggles to get him treatment. In 2005 Arthur was recognized for his work when he won an award for community service at the prestigious BCYCNA Ma Murray Community Newspaper awards.
Arthur has been involved exclusively with the poker industry since the 2006 World Series of Poker where he still claims to have captured the first interview with a then-unknown player named Jamie Gold on one of the days leading up to the Main Event final table. Since then Arthur has been working full-time for PokerListings.com writing news stories, covering poker tournaments, interviewing players and snapping photos.
In his spare time Arthur enjoys surfing, snowboarding and, of course, poker. He can be reached at arthur.crowson (at) pokerlistings.com.
- 20-Year-Old Kiwi Poker Pro David Yan Ready for WSOP Vegas Debut
- What’s the Future of Poker? Hint: PLO
- Jack Salter on Award Nomination: “Hopefully I’ve Got a Chance”
- Win $1 Million in a Poker Tournament? Don’t Spend it All in One Place
- Negreanu Slams Crockfords Over “Ludicrous” Ivey Ruling
- Greg Merson: “I Played Over 100k Hands Online in USA Last Month"
- Connor Drinan: “There Were Other Hands I Was More Upset About”
- George Danzer Wins 3rd WSOP Bracelet, Solidifies POY Lead
- Antonios Thwarts Hellmuth's Bid for 14th WSOP Bracelet
- Phil Hellmuth Closes in on Record 14th WSOP Bracelet
Latest Blog Posts
- The Trials and Tribulations of Phil Hellmuth [Photo Gallery]
- Six Reasons the iPhone 6 Will Be Better for Playing Online Poker
- Chess Gets a Poker Makeover in Chess 2: The Sequel
- Three Kick-Ass Laptops for Playing Online Poker
- What it's Like Learning to Play Poker [In GIF Form]
- Former NY Knick Earl Barron Plays Poker While Playing Poker
- Toronto Maple Leaf Phil Kessel Sweats Daniel Negreanu Instead of Free Agency
- Who Isn’t Playing the 2014 WSOP Big One for One Drop
- 10 Ways to Hack Your Life with Professional Poker Secrets
- Top Five Innovations for Online Poker Beginners