Arthur Crowson is an award-winning journalist. He was born in Vancouver, Canada.
During his time in the business he has written for newspapers, magazines and Web sites. While working in print journalism he spent time on a variety of beats including sports, politics, news, entertainment and features. He is also a bit of shutter-jockey and his photography has been published in a number of newspapers and magazines.
One of his career highlights was writing a series of stories about a boy who suffered from epilepsy and his family’s struggles to get him treatment. In 2005 Arthur was recognized for his work when he won an award for community service at the prestigious BCYCNA Ma Murray Community Newspaper awards.
Arthur has been involved exclusively with the poker industry since the 2006 World Series of Poker where he still claims to have captured the first interview with a then-unknown player named Jamie Gold on one of the days leading up to the Main Event final table. Since then Arthur has been working full-time for PokerListings.com writing news stories, covering poker tournaments, interviewing players and capturing it all with his trusty Canon camera.
In his spare time Arthur enjoys surfing, snowboarding and, of course, poker. He can be reached at arthur.crowson (at) pokerlistings.com.
- Back-to-Back Newhouse, Brazil Highlight 2014 WSOP November Nine
- Jacobson Crushes 2014 Main Event Day 6, Newhouse Hangs On
- Maria Ho Finishes 77th in Second Last Woman Standing Run
- Thailand’s Pakinai Lisawad Eyes History in 2014 World Series of Poker
- Ivey Falls, Benger Climbs, Bubble Bursts on Day 4 of Main Event
- Montana’s Mikiyo Aoki Soaring in 2014 World Series of Poker
- French Singer Grégoire Hits New Note at 2014 World Series of Poker
- Jens Kyllönen: Viktor Blom is a Better Overall Player Than Phil Ivey
- Halifax’s Alex Livingston Primed for Another World Series of Poker Run
- Footballer John Arne Riise: Poker More Stressful Than Penalty Kicks
Latest Blog Posts
- Former NY Knick Earl Barron Plays Poker While Playing Poker
- Toronto Maple Leaf Phil Kessel Sweats Daniel Negreanu Instead of Free Agency
- Who Isn’t Playing the 2014 WSOP Big One for One Drop
- 10 Ways to Hack Your Life with Professional Poker Secrets
- Top Five Innovations for Online Poker Beginners
- Card Table on iOS: The Case for Local Digital Poker
- PokerStars 7: The Next Big Step in Online Poker?
- Eat Pray Shove: Sofia Lövgren's Search for New Adventure
- Share Your Big Hands with ShareMyPair
- Virtual Reality Poker: Oculus Rift Support Coming?