PokerListings.com is the world's largest and most trusted online poker guide, offering the best online poker bonus deals guaranteed, over $1m in exclusive freerolls every year and the most free poker content available on the Web.
Terry Rogers: The St. Patrick of poker
Legend has it that Saint Patrick, the patron saint of Ireland, once made a stop in an area now known as Aspatria while on an evangelizing journey. His habit while evangelizing was to thrust his ash walking staff into the ground; according to the tale, he spent so long spreading the good news in Aspatria that his staff took root.
If the poker gods are in the business of anointing saints of their own, they might make Terry Rogers their version of St. Patrick. Rogers' name is at the root of almost all facets of modern Irish poker history.
Rogers, a well-known bookmaker, founded the Eccentric Club in Dublin in the 1970s. The club, a foundation which grew into the Irish Poker Open by 1980, hosted charity Five-Card Draw tournaments. Rogers, sometimes known as "Red Menace," saw Andy Black
- 9 career WSOP cashes, including fifth at 2005 Main Event
- $2,014,249 lifetime WSOP earnings
- 6 career WSOP cashes, including third at the 1999 Main Event won by Furlong
- $707,406 total lifetime WSOP earnings
- 3 career WSOP cashes, including 2 ME final tables
- $1,070,785 total lifetime WSOP earnings
- 1 career WSOP cash - first in 2007 $1,500 Pot-Limit Omaha
- $464,867 lifetime WSOP earnings
- 1 career WSOP cash - first in 2007 $1,500 No-Limit Hold'em
- $727,012 lifetime WSOP earnings
You May Also Like
Best Poker Sites - Editor`s Pick
26 September 2016 1
- See More Videos »