Kyle Julius Narrowly Misses Second Sunday Million Win
American poker pro Kyle “Kjulius10” Julius came painfully close to winning his second Sunday Million this weekend on PokerStars.
Julius, who famously finished second at the 2012 PCA main event for $1.5 million, locked up the biggest prize in the Million yesterday thanks to a three-way deal but officially finished second to Estonian player parmupill.
All told over $2.72 million was awarded across the three biggest online poker tournaments this weekend with Stephen “stevie444” Chidwick, Amit “Amak316” Makhija, Ashley “DYBYDX” Mason and many more name-pros getting a piece of the cash.
Keep reading for highlights from the weekend's biggest online tournaments.
Julius Runner-Up in Sunday Million
Rewind almost exactly one year to February 13, 2012 and Kyle “Kjulius10” Julius was busy running through a field of 5,671 to take down his first Sunday Million and over $177,000.
It was barely a month after his seven-figure score in the Bahamas but this time Julius didn't have to settle for second place.
This weekend Julius came painfully close to repeating the feat, but despite not finishing first on paper he was able to secure the biggest prize thanks to a three-way deal.
7,848 players bought in to this week's Sunday Million and it got all the way down to the final three before a deal was discussed.
Julius took just under $200k while Estonian player parmupill took $170k and went on to become the event's official champion.
Finishing third and taking $156k was Romanian ragAAAila19.
Also cashing in the Million this week were Nick “FU_15” Maimone (73rd) and James “Andy McLEOD” Obst (83rd).
Here are the full final-table results for this weekend's Sunday Million on PokerStars.com:
- 1. parmupill (Estonia) - $170,000.00*
- 2. Kyle "KJulius10" Julius (Canada) - $199,000.00*
- 3. ragAAAila19 (Romania) - $156,819.87*
- 4. 42oscar (Canada) - $79,107.84
- 5. cristi888 (Romania) - $62,784.00
- 6. pistecaloze (Netherlands) - $47,088.00
- 7. IdolIvey (Germany) - $31,392.00
- 8. Donig (Germany) - $18,050.40
- 9. akzack (Norway) - $12,164.40
Chidwick Takes Second in Sunday 500
Steven “stevie444” Chidwick narrowly missed another major online title yesterday, finishing second out of 843 players in the Sunday 500 on PokerStars.
Chidwick, a top-ranked online pro who once won 101 seats to the WSOP Main Event in the same year, took down over $54,000 for his runner-up finish last night.
No deal was reached as Chidwick squared off heads-up, and ultimately lost, against Russian player Fofan10.
Also making deep runs in this week's Sunday 500 were Amit “AMAK316” Makhija (12th), Matthew Frankland (13th) and Johan “busto_soon” Van Til (16th).
Here are the full final-table results:
- 1. Fofan10 (Russia) - $75,870
- 2. stevie444 (United Kingdom) - $54,795
- 3. m8675309a (Turks and Caicos) - $40,885
- 4. FyiWin (Malta) - $30,558
- 5. plasticard (Sweden) - $21,243
- 6. sheeter200 (Canada) - $16,860
- 7. Skipper-dawn (Denmark) - $12,645
- 8. F.Briatore (Germany) - $8,430
- 9. NhFy (Sweden) - $5,058