PokerListings.com is the world's largest and most trusted online poker guide, offering the best online poker bonus deals guaranteed, over $1m in exclusive freerolls every year and the most free poker content available on the Web.
durrrr Challenge: Dwan Nears $1 Million
Tom Dwan strengthened his lead in the durrrr Challenge this morning after taking over $171k from Patrik Antonius during a 1,957 hand session.
With no other high-stakes action to be found, Dwan and Antonius agreed to sit for their latest session of the durrrr challenge early Tuesday morning.
The session, starting at 2am ET, lasted almost seven hours - long enough to put nearly 2,000 hands in the books.
After close to two hours of play the two challengers contested the largest hand of the session, worth over $259k. Although we don’t know what Antonius was holding in the hand, we can be almost certain he was ahead until the river, where Dwan completed a backdoor straight for the nuts.
This latest session puts Dwan up over $937k in the challenge with only 40% of the hands left to go.
With this profit in tow, Dwan has brought his losses for the year down to around $5.3 million, keeping him in second place for losses on the year. The top spot for losses belong to Gus Hansen who currently sits down over $5.7 million.
On the other side of the coin is Patrik Antonius, who despite last night’s losses, remains firmly in the lead for yearly profit having made almost $9 million.
durrrr Challenge by the numbers:
- 242,009,145: Total amount wagered
- 937,271: Amount durrrr is ahead
- 400,000: Estimated attendance at Woodstock in 1969
- 259,577: Biggest pot of the session
- 164,929: Amount paid for a pair of Led Zeppelin tickets in 2007
- 29,764: Hands played overall
- 6,712: Amount of rake made by Full Tilt from the Challenge
- 95: Hours played in the challenge
- 60: Percentage of challenge completed
- 1: Times Hendrix set his guitar on fire on stage
Below are three of the largest pots from last night’s action, to see more hands, head to MarketPulse.