PokerListings.com is the world's largest and most trusted online poker guide, offering the best online poker bonus deals guaranteed, over $1m in exclusive freerolls every year and the most free poker content available on the Web.
2017 Battle of Malta Back w/ More $$, Live Stream, New Host!
When you've built something great, you don't want to mess with the formula that has made it such a success.
A few tweaks here and there, though, can make things even better and that's what's next for the growing Battle of Malta in 2017.
The record-setting festival - which has broken its own record for biggest poker tournament on Malta in each of its five years - is now officially set for Nov. 2-7, 2017.
Returning will be the same amazing value in the €550 buy-in and €900,000 expected prize pool, newly guaranteed side events and the "major tour" feel players from around the world have come to love.
Also back are an enhanced final table live stream, plenty of great parties and camaraderie and a slew of celebrity guests. A few new additions should take the award-winning BoM to new heights again.
2,000 Entries Next?
Capping off last year's festival with a record 1,813 main event entries and a €879,305 prize pool, the 2016 BoM smashed all event ceilings and set new records in every tournament.
In 2017 the Battle of Malta returns to the Portomaso Casino with more event guarantees, a cards-up final table live stream and slightly altered schedule that might just push the ME over the elusive 2,000-entry mark.
New perks players can expect in 2017:
- Prize pool guarantees not just on the BoM Main Event but Siege of Malta Second Chance and Grandmaster High Roller
- Enhanced live stream of the Main Event Final Table with hole cards, pro commentary and special featured promotions for viewing audience
- Slightly shifted schedule to maximize weekend fun and friendly atmosphere for attendees
- Newly refurbished venue/terrace at the 5-Star Hilton Malta to capitalize on Malta’s amazing weather and locale
“In just a few years," says Battle of Malta Tournament Director Ivonne Montealegre, "the Battle of Malta has become more than just a poker tournament - it’s become a symbol of the Maltese poker community.
"We’ve listened to our players again and adapted our calendar to their suggestions -- meaning more opportunities to experience the friendly vibe among players and pros, the incredible location and the weekend activities.
"In 2017 players can expect more value, more guests, more surprises, more music, more excursions, more fun … and more of the joy of poker they’ve come to expect.”
Model/Poker Player Gaëlle Garcia Diaz Steps In
After 5 fantastic years from past BoM hosts Maria Ho and Kara Scott, Belgian model, actor and TV presenter Gaëlle Garcia Diaz will take over the mic this year and keep the Battle of Malta fun flowing.
Much like the beloved Ho, Garcia Diaz is both a tough out at the poker table and a huge draw among poker fans who line up to get their pictures taken with her.
A celebrity guest of the Battle of Malta before, Garcia Diaz says the mix of both poker and fun prominent at the BoM over other poker tours is perfect for her:
“I’m so excited to be hosting the Battle of Malta in 2017!" says Garcia Diaz.
"My ideal way to spend a week in November partying, enjoying the sun and playing some live poker together with thousands of other poker lovers again!”
For more info on the past, present and future qualifying opportunities for the 2017 Battle of Malta, check our BoM Main page here. Keep an eye out for satellites and package offers on our partner sites, which will start soon!