Now operated and licensed out of the Isle of Man – the same location as PokerStars’ head offices - Neteller is owned by the Paysafe Group (which also operates Skrill and the PaySafeCard) and is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority of the UK.
Available as a payment method in 200+ countries Neteller has millions of active users and hundreds of thousands of Neteller poker users. Simply put Neteller is safe, fast and an outstanding option for poker players looking for an easy way to deposit and withdraw funds to and from their online poker accounts.
What is Neteller?
If you’re familiar with PayPal, you’re familiar with Neteller. Neteller is what is called an “eWallet” or third-party payment processor. What that means is you set up a unique, independent Neteller account and deposit money from your bank account or credit card into your Neteller account. You then use that Neteller account to transfer money back and forth to your online poker account. This skips you being required to provide your credit card or bank details or go through an advanced verification process every time you want to make an online poker deposit.
There money is already there in your Neteller account so it is instantaneously available in your poker account and ready for play. Neteller poker deposits literally take minutes or less at most and all that’s required is your user name and password to your Neteller account. Once you’ve confirmed the amount you’d like to transfer and click the "deposit" button, you’re done and ready to play poker.
Advantages of Neteller Poker Sites
- Trusted method: Most frequently used third-party poker payment method for online poker players
- Instant: Transfers available immediately in your online poker account
- Easy to use app: Neteller mobile app makes is easy to do from your smartphone or tablet
- Privacy: Financial information is private - online poker site never sees your personal financial data
Disadvantages of using Neteller for poker deposits
- Fees: When you deposit money into your poker account or an online casino, you will be charged a small fee. Normally this is between 1% and 3% of the total amount of the deposit you made. For deposits, most poker rooms and casinos will pay the fees, but for withdrawals, these fees may be passed on to you.
- Additional intermediate step: Unlike credit card or wire transfer payments, Neteller deposits require you to take an intermediate step and open a Neteller account.
Online Poker deposits with Neteller
- Create an account with Neteller: Depositing via Neteller is easy. However, the first step you need to take before attempting to transfer your bankroll to your desired online poker site is to set up a Neteller account. To do this you must go to the official website (www.neteller.com) and click on the "Register for Free" button at the top right of the home page. Once you have done this you will need to enter your email address, set a password, and select a currency. You are also required to provide personal information such as your first and last name, date of birth, gender, address, and telephone number. Once you are done simply click on the "Open Account" button to submit your details.
- Verify Account: When opening an account with Neteller you must confirm your email address. Once you have clicked on the confirmation link your account will be created.
- Add money to your Neteller account: If you want to deposit money, you must link Neteller to a third party payment option. You can link it to your bank account, debit/credit/prepaid card or multiple options at the same time. These different deposit methods have different terms and conditions that every player should be familiar with. For example deposits by bank transfer can take several days while credit card deposits are instant and uncomplicated.
- Choose your Neteller poker site: Once you have set up your Neteller account, the next step is to select a poker room from the list above and create an account.
- Depositing with Neteller: Once you have created your poker account, you will either be redirected to the deposit page or you will need to navigate to this page yourself. Once there, select Neteller as your payment option and enter the amount you wish to deposit. That's it. Your money will be transferred in seconds and you can play.
Withdrawals using Neteller
- Go to the cashier area of the poker site: Withdrawing money from your poker account to Neteller is as easy as depositing money, provided that the provider in question allows Neteller as a payment option. The first thing you need to do when trying to withdraw money from your online casino is to find the cashier area of your poker rooms.
- Choose Neteller as your payment option: Once you have found the cashier area, simply select Neteller as your withdrawal option. You will be taken to the Cashout page where you will need to enter your Neteller username and password.
- Choose the amount to transfer: Once you have completed the previous step you must specify the amount you wish to withdraw and click on the "Withdraw" button. Remember that each poker site has its own specific minimum and maximum payout amounts. So always read the Terms and Conditions before attempting to withdraw money. Usually the minimum amounts are $10 and the maximum $5,000 per week.
- Wait until the money is in your Neteller account: The amount you specify on the withdrawal page should be transferred to your Neteller account within a few hours to a maximum of a few days. The exact withdrawal time depends on the poker room. However you should expect a certain amount of time when you withdraw for the first time, as initial withdrawals are routinely checked. This payment will be made as soon as the poker room's support team has processed the player's withdrawal. Once the money is in your Neteller account, you can transfer it to your bank account or another e-wallet if you wish.
Neteller Fees and Withdrawal Limits
- Payments using Neteller: free
- Private transactions from Neteller to Neteller: free
- Adding funds to Neteller account: 2.5% per transaction
- Withdrawing funds from Neteller account: $12.75 per transaction
- Merchant fees: 2.5% per transaction
- International transaction fees: 3.99% per transaction
- Inactivity fees: $5 per month after 12 months inactivity
- Withdrawal limits: $50,000 per day
- Processing time (deposits): Instant
- Processing time (withdrawals): 3 -5 days
Poker Sites that accept Neteller
The following list of poker sites offer Neteller deposits and withdrawals:
Neteller Poker Sites: FAQ
How Do I Set Up a Neteller Account?If you already have a Neteller account you're off and running and ready to make a deposit. As long as you have funds currently in your Neteller account you simply need to log in to your online poker account and select Neteller from the cashier as your deposit option. If you haven't yet set up a Neteller account you'll need to create one via the Neteller website. It won't take long but you'll be required to set up a username and password and provide your bank or credit information and have it verified. Once your details have been verified you are then able to transfer money directly into your Neteller account via a credit card, debit card, bank transfer, wire transfer etc. In fact Neteller offers close to 40 different methods to fund your account. To be clear, opening a Neteller account and an online poker account are two different entities. To create an account at an online poker site you need to sign up and register at the site, prove your age and create a username and password. To create an account at Neteller you need to do the same thing at the Neteller site itself. Once you have completed the Neteller sign-up process you'll receive an email with instructions for your Neteller account activation. Follow the link and create your Neteller Account ID using the Secure ID sent in the email. Enter the password you originally entered on the Neteller account sign-up page.
How Long Does It Take to Set Up a Neteller Account?Not long at all. You'll need to provide some personal details and create a username and password, then fund your account via one of several available options. Once your Neteller account is approved it's ready for you to transfer money. Depending on your choice of methods, funding your Neteller account is very quick and easy.
How Do I Make a Neteller Poker Deposit?There's a reason poker players have used Neteller as their preferred means for making poker site deposits - it's a breeze. You can do it via your laptop or the Neteller mobile app. Log in to your online poker account (if you've yet to open an online poker account, head here to get our exclusive poker sign-up bonuses) and click through to the “cashier” page. On the cashier page you see the full list of all the different deposit options available to you for that poker site. Select Neteller from the deposit options and follow the steps to connect your online poker account to your Neteller account. Once you're there, simply decide on the amount you'd like to transfer and click away. Your transfer will arrive immediately in your poker account (or within a few minutes, maximum) and is ready for play. Deposit limits for both Neteller and the poker site apply, although that more than likely won't affect the majority of players.
Which Poker Sites Accept Neteller?Virtually all poker sites accept Neteller for deposits and withdrawals. See the toplist above for the best poker bonus offers at Neteller poker sites. Neteller is even accepted for regulated online poker sites in the United States including for poker sites in New Jersey and Nevada.
Does Neteller Have a Mobile App?Yes, and it's a very good one. Making Neteller poker deposits via the mobile app is very simple and fast. It's also very secure and uses the top-level encryption possible. All of the mobile poker sites we tested offered Neteller in its mobile deposit options. The navigation is very easy-to-follow and should be self-explanatory to all who want to use it. Once you've connected your Neteller account to your poker account via mobile it's very simple to use but it is important you keep your phone safe and locked to avoid any prying eyes.
Are There Any Fees for Using Neteller?Most poker sites don't charge any fees for Neteller deposits but may charge a small amount for making a withdrawal. As it's usually a percentage of your withdrawal, the more you transfer the more you'll pay. Creating an account at Neteller is entirely free. Any associated fees for depositing with Neteller depend on the method you choose to fund your account. Fees range from free to 5%, for the most part. To see a full list of the deposit options and their respective fees, see the Neteller website.
How Safe and Secure is Neteller?Neteller monitors every transaction 24/7 and is protected by the highest-level of technological security including BIN/IP checking, account surveillance, access to payment industry fraud blacklists, device fingerprinting, transaction velocity controls for risk scoring and assessment, security code verification (CV2/CVV) and 256-bit encryption and multiple firewalls. Any transaction you make via either your laptop or smartphone is 100% secure and guaranteed by Neteller. Once you’ve set up your Neteller account, though, it’s up to you to keep your password and Secure ID number private. You're encouraged to never share that password with anyone and adding two-factor authentication (having a 6-digit code sent to your phone which you need to use alongside your email and password) is also recommended.
Are there Deposit and Withdrawal Limits with Neteller Poker?The minimum withdrawal amount via Neteller is USD $10.00 (or equivalent). The maximum withdrawal amount is USD $50,000 (or equivalent). To make a Neteller withdrawal you'll need to have made a deposit via Neteller in the past 6 months.
Can I Get an Online Poker Bonus with Neteller?Absolutely. Getting an online poker bonus is completely independent of whichever deposit method you choose to fund your poker account. Just be sure to enter the proper poker bonus code when you create your account to be eligible for the full rewards. Poker sites also often offer extra bonuses for using specific payment methods, of which Neteller is usually one. These usually run at 10-15% above and beyond the standard poker bonus so can be well worth your while to look for when reloading your account.
Can I Use Neteller to Make a Deposit on a US Poker Site?Yes. As of now three US states have legalized and regulated online poker (New Jersey, Nevada and Delaware) and 2 (New Jersey and Nevada) accept Neteller. You can expect a few more states to be added to that list over the next few years (including Pennsylvania and New York) and they more than likely will also allow for Neteller deposits and withdrawals.
Can I Use Neteller on PokerStars?Yes, absolutely. PokerStars doesn't charge any fees for using Neteller but players are responsible for any fees charged by Neteller. You can also withdraw funds from your PokerStars account to Neteller if you've made at least one previous deposit using Neteller within the past 12 months. You can also set up "Fast Deposit" via Neteller for your PokerStars account so you can reload your account without leaving your table.
Can I Use Neteller on 888poker?Yep. Just navigate to the 888cashier, select the Neteller logo, enter the deposit amount and your Neteller information and you’ll be all set. You can fund both your 888poker and 888casino accounts with Neteller.
Can I use Neteller in Canada?Yes, you can use Neteller in all regions in Canada for Online Poker deposits and withdrawals.
Can you use Neteller in the US?Yes, you can use Neteller for poker deposits and withdrawals in all states that allow online poker. For many casinos and poker rooms Neteller is one of the preferred payment method.
Can I transfer money from Neteller to Paypal?There is no direct way to transfer money from Neteller to PayPal or vice versa. You will have to use a third party (e.g. your bank) to transfer between these two payment providers.
- Skrill Poker Sites
- PayPal Poker Sites
- Bitcoin Poker Sites
- POLi Poker Sites
- Western Union Poker Sites
- Visa Poker Sites
- Mastercard Poker Sites
- American Express Poker Sites
- Discover Poker Sites
- Boku Mobile Poker Site Deposits
- iDEAL poker sites
- ecoPayz Online Poker Deposits
- entropay Poker Sites
- paysafecard Poker Sites
- eCheck Poker Sites
- Maestro Poker Sites
- WebMoney Poker Sites