Matt "All_in_at420" Stout
Alexey “LuckyGump” Makarov, Jonathan Duhamel and Matt Stout all made significant scores on Day 16 of the 2012 WCOOP.
Makarov outright won the $320 PLO 6-Max event for $110k. He becomes one of the few players to own both a SCOOP and WCOOP title. Matt Stout placed third in the same tournament for $60k.
Meanwhile Duhamel just missed out on the final table of the turbo tournament by coming in 12th place.
Here’s a complete recap of all the action on Day 16 of the 2012 PokerStars World Championship of Online Poker:
Event 42 $215 No-Limit Hold’em – Day 2
Poker pro Marc-Andre “FrenchDawg” Ladouceur bubbled the final table of the massive two-day $215 No-Limit Hold’em event yesterday.
Event 42 drew a total of 8,342 players to create a huge prizepool of $1.6 million.
The field was cut down to 115 players on Day 1 with Ladouceur, AlexBet86, d-mon-d and kidpro2012 among the chip leaders.
Ladouceur, who finished 13th at the most recent WSOP Main Event, got extremely unlucky to bust in 10th place as he had his pocket tens cracked by pocket eights in a 14 million-chip pot.
Online player OMG_Pokish simply ran over the final table and entered heads-up with 73 million chips to FabOne1986’s 9.5 million.
It took just over 10 hands for OMG_Pokish to find the tournament winning hand with ace-five over FabOne1986’s queen-nine.
OMG_Pokish locked up $250,264 for his dominance in Event 42.
Here’s a complete look at the final table payouts:
- 1st place: OMG_POKISH (Denmark) $250,264.40
- 2nd place: FabOne1986 (Germany) $184,141.30
- 3rd place: GrumpyNacho (Uruguay) $133,472.00
- 4th place: Okto19 (Germany) $88,425.20
- 5th place: xAndorx (Ukraine) $68,404.40
- 6th place: 04122010 (Greece) $51,720.40
- 7th place: briankrause1 (Canada) $35,870.60
- 8th place: Trance&Acid (Denmark) $20,020.80
- 9th place: omar miete (Paraguay) $12,930.10
Event 44 $2,100 No-Limit Hold’em – Day 2
Dutch online player ASIAAN nearly claimed his second bracelet of the 2012 WCOOP in Event 44 yesterday.
One of the most lucrative events of this year’s WCOOP, the two-day Event 44 saw 1,387 players pay the $2,100 buy-in to create a staggering $2.7 million prize pool.
Among the numerous pros to register were Kevin “BeLOWaBOve” Saul, Amit Makhija, Adam Junglen, Vanessa Selbst, George Danzer and Liv Boeree.
Danzer, Selbst and Boeree all cashed but it was Brenes who claimed bragging rights as the last Team PokerStars Pro standing.
Brenes eventually hit the rail in 11th place when he made an ill-timed shove with pocket threes against an opponent with pocket kings. The Costa Rican pro picked up $11k for his efforts.
Soon after Brenes busted, ASIAAN took over the chip lead in his bid for a second WCOOP bracelet.
In the end ASIAAN came up just short as he busted in fifth place and had to settle for $135,926.
The remaining four players quickly made a deal. Eventually U.K. player Aln_the_Kid won the tournament for $370,207.
Here’s a complete look at the final table payouts (*reflects a four-way deal):
- 1st place: Aln_the_Kid (UK) - $370,207.88*
- 2nd place: HaramPara (Germany) - $291,008.60*
- 3rd place: PIUlimeira (Brazil) - $334,448.22*
- 4th place: d0r1t0s (Canada) - $250,000.00*
- 5th place: ASIAAN (Netherlands) - $135,926.00
- 6th place: torkolort1 (Norway) - $108,186.00
- 7th place: 7sorryforyou (Israel) - $80,446.00
- 8th place: shurgar (UK) - $52,706.00
- 9th place: 4high20 (UK) - $28,849.60
Event 45 $320 PLO 6-Max
Cash game killer Alexey “LuckyGump” Makarov showed off his tournament chops by winning Event 45 for $110,112 yesterday.
The $320 PLO 6-Max event drew 671 players and once 815 rebuys and 498 add-ons were piled on, the prize pool skyrocketed to $595,200.
Johnny Lodden made a deep run in Event 45 but fell just short of the final table when Matt “All_in_at420” Stout busted him in eighth place.
Stout went on an impressive run of his own before finally hitting the rail in third place when LuckyGump flopped a straight against him. Stout picked up a hefty payday of $61,008.
Meanwhile Makarov entered heads-up play with a 6.3 million to 4.7 million advantage on joserivas397.
The heads-up match lasted only three hands with Makarov taking down the tournament with a better two-pair than joserivas397.
Here’s a look at the complete final table payouts:
- 1st: LuckyGump (Russia) -- $110,112.00
- 2nd: joserivas397 (Venezuela) -- $82,137.60
- 3rd: All_in_at420 (Costa Rica) -- $61,008.00
- 4th: Tonimonntana (Austria) -- $41,664.00
- 5th: ferocious666 (Russia) -- $29,760.00
- 6th: jetkiss (Germany) -- $17,856.00
Event 47 $265 No-Limit Hold’em Turbo
Germany’s busttard survived the lightning-fast No-Limit Hold’em Turbo event yesterday to win $84k in under five hours.
Event 47 had players buzzing with a total of 3,339 players, $166,950 in bounties and a $667,800 prize pool.
The event proved very popular with pros as Eugene Katchalov, Chad Brown, Ana Marquez, Martin Hruby, Shane Schleger, Martin Staszko, Lex Veldhuis, Daniel Negreanu, George Lind, Randy Lew, Pius Heinz, Bertrand “ElkY” Grospellier and Jude Ainsworth all got in on the turbo-paced action.
Team PokerStars Pros Andre Akkari and Johnny Lodden both made the money but former world champion Jonathan Duhamel was the last PokerStars pro standing.
Duhamel made it all the way to 12th place before finally smashing jack-eight into ace-king and busting out of the tournament. He picked up $4,173 for his efforts.
Busttard went on to win the tournament for $84,661 (with a three-way deal in place).
Here’s a complete look at the final table results (*reflects three-way deal):
- 1st busttard (Germany) - $84,661.01*
- 2nd jmcs12 (Hungary) - $75,604.14*
- 3rd gp18089 (Greece) - $78,153.49*
- 4th paulwiter (Uruguay) - $38,398.50
- 5th hlamberg (Latvia) - $28,715.40
- 6th birddy420 (Canada) - $22,037.40
- 7th psychodelicx (Latvia) - $15,359.40
- 8th Zimmy86 (Russia) - $8,681.40
- 9th Ti0373 (Russia) - $5,342.40
Ongoing WCOOP Events
WCOOP-46 $320 No-Limit Hold’em [2x Chance]
WCOOP Events Starting Today
11:00 ET – WCOOP-48 $320 Mixed No-Limit Hold’em/Pot-Limit Omaha
- $320 buy-in $200,000 guaranteed
14:00 ET – WCOOP-49 $530 Razz
- $530 buy-in $100,00 guaranteed
17:00 ET – WCOOP-50 $1,050 No-Limit Hold’em
- $1,050 buy-in $750,000 guaranteed
You May Also Like
The massive PokerStars UKIPT Nottingham event began at the Dusk till Dawn poker club in England today with hundreds of players taking to the...
11 April 2012
Day 1B is over at the PokerStars EPT Madrid main event and David Benyamine, Faraz Jaka and Nicolas Levi are among the leaders.
13 March 2012
This weekend was all about the Sunday Million’s sixth anniversary with slyfox15 of the Netherlands emerging victorious from a field of more than 33,000.
12 March 2012