Three more WCOOP events concluded with over $1.35 million awarded to online poker players from all over the world.
In addition to the two Russians named above we saw deep runs from former WSOP Main Event final-tablist Phil Collins, WCOOP crusher Eugene Katchalov and last year’s WCOOP main event champion Thomas "Kallllle" Pedersen.
Keep reading for the full recap from Day 14 of the 2012 World Championship of Online Poker.
Event 39: $700 NL Hold’em [Heads-Up] - $250k Gtd.
720 players contended Event 39, a $700 heads-up No-Limit Hold’em tournament, with Ti0373 from Russia coming out on top to the tune of $120,600.
No deal was reached as runner-up GSinishtaj walked away with $62,712.
Canadian Steven “Zugwat” Silverman finished fifth while 2011 WCOOP Event 3 winner K_O_S_T_Y_A picked up an eighth-place finish.
Also cashing in this event were Team PokerStars Pro Eugene Katchalov (15th), Chris “ImDaNuts” Oliver (16th), Amit “AMAK316” Makhija (24th) and Ami “UhhMee” Barer (27th).
All told 64 players chopped up the $482,400 in the prize pool.
Here are the top eight results from Event 39:
- 1st: Ti0373 (Russia) - $120,600
- 2nd: GSinishtaj (Canada) - $62,712
- 3rd: wac33215 (Germany) - $33,768
- 4th: Spyver (United Kingdom) - $33,768
- 5th: Zugwat (Canada) - $15,436.80
- 6th: TryToExploit (Poland) - $15,436.80
- 7th: JohnyK91 (Greece) - $15,436.80
- 8th: K_O_S_T_Y_A (Russia) - $15,436.80
Event 40: $320 NL Hold’em [6-Max] - $250k Gtd.
Event 40 of this year’s World Championship of Online poker smashed its quarter-million guarantee, attracting 2,327 players and building a prize pool just a few thousand short of $700,000.
After more than 16 hours of poker Romanian player ottoman09 closed the door to win his first WCOOP title and over $86,000.
But, thanks to a three-way deal, the biggest share of the prize pool went to runner-up MilanRabsz from Poland.
Irish player pepealas was the third participant in the chop, finishing third and pocketing $72,800.
Here are the full final table results, adjusted to reflect the deal:
- 1st: ottoman09 (Romania) - $86,771.85*
- 2nd: MilanRabsz (Poland) - $90,000.00*
- 3rd: pepealas (Ireland) - $72,800.00*
- 4th: PAULMARCKO (Russia) - $40,140.75
- 5th: Booobich (Sweden) - $26,178.75
- 6th: N1clasM (Sweden) - $13,948.03
Cashing in this event but missing out on the big money up top were former November Niner Phil “USCPhildo” Collins (12th), 2011 WCOOP main event winner Thomas "Kallllle" Pedersen (13th) and Randall “RandALLin” Flowers (88th).
Martin Hruby (298th), George Lind (296th) and Ana Marquez (229th) were the only Team PokerStars Pros to make the money.
Event 41: $320 HORSE - $100k Gtd.
Event 41 was a $320 HORSE tournament that drew 598 players. As expected the event was well-attended by professionals with a few notable names making the final table.
While it was ultimately NoraFlum who took down the event, playing from Mexico, skilled players like Alexey “LuckyGump” Makarov and Team PokerStars Pro Maxim Lykov also picked up final-table money.
Playing ten-minute levels of Limit Hold’em, Limit Omaha Hi-Lo, Limit Razz, Limit Stud and Limit Stud Hi-Lo, the final table was whittled down player by player until NoraFlum was left alone in the winner’s circle with the $33k first-place prize.
No deal was reached at this final table.
Here are the full final table results.
- 1st: NoraFlum (Mexico) - $33,727.20
- 2nd: LuckyGump (Russia) - $24,667.50
- 3rd: dev209 (Germany) - $18,119.40
- 4th: FatmanScoops (Finland) - $13,455.00
- 5th: Maxim Lykov (Russia) - $8,970.00
- 6th: gipsy74 (Russia) - $6,279.00
- 7th: Bruno FT (Brazil) - $4,036.50
- 8th: andreasbar (Russia) - $2,691.00
WCOOP Events Starting Today
11.00 ET – WCOOP-42: $215 NL Hold’em
- $215 buy-in $1 million guaranteed
12.30 ET – WCOOP-43: $10,300 NL Hold’em [High Roller Heads-Up]
- $10,300 buy-in $200,000 guaranteed
14.30 ET – WCOOP-44: $2,100 NL Hold’em
- $2,100 buy-in $1.25 million guaranteed