The PokerListings Daily 3-Bet is a 4k-piece McNugget, a lb of added cheese and a box-of-Oreo McFlurry to wash down the craziest afternoon poker news meal ever.
Have some news you'd like to share in a future 3-Bet? Drop us a line in the comments.
Today in the 3-Bet we find another poker pro crushing the Reality TV game, Chance Kornuth gets SCOOPed and Mike Noori embarks on a noble eating challenge.
1) Martin Wins Big Brother
As followers of the 3-Bet will know poker pros have proven over the years to be:
- 1) Favorites of casting agents to put on Reality TV shows
- 2) Hit-and-miss in their success on said shows
- 3) Unafraid to try out both GTO and exploitative strategies in new and intriguing ways 'normal' contestants don't think of
Add Canadian PokerStars Team Online pro Kevin Martin to the former group. The two-time invitee just won the latest edition of Big Brother Canada (Season 5) last night in a 9-0 sweep. As you might guess, the 24-year-old from Calgary, Alberta is pretty stoked about it:
Chalk another one up for poker as perfect prep for navigating the cutthroat Reality TV world. Negreanu has to be next, right?
2) Kornuth Demolishes SCOOP Bounty, Gets Some Reminders
High-stakes regular Chance Kornuth dismantled the field yesterday in SCOOP - 39 - H, the $1,050 NLHE Progressive Knockout event, to win his first SCOOP title this year.
Not only did he win $163k, he earned more in bounties ($81k) than virtually every other casher COMBINED.
That's a sick payout chart. Of course, as this is poker, it always comes with a catch:
Never realize how many people you owe a few hundred dollars too until you win a scoop— Chance Kornuth (@ChancesCards) May 19, 2017
Check the rest of the latest SCOOP results over on the PokerStars blog; check here to see the impressive lineup of tournaments waiting to close out SCOOP this weekend.
3) McDonald's Bet Underway, Charitable Drive Gains Speed
For those who remember the terrifying Eat $1,000 Worth of McDonald's in 36 hours prop bet we mentioned a couple of weeks ago, poker pro Mike Noori has begun the challenge today.
A quick reminder of the conditions:
2) Eat $1k worth of McDs;$200 max/salads, at least $300/hot foods (fries, burgs, chikn). At least $50 of burgs. Drinks dont count for $1k.— Michael Noori (@McHamburgler1k) May 12, 2017
3) Cannot remove items from order. Can add to existing order (bacon on burgers). Must eat everything that comes with order.— Michael Noori (@McHamburgler1k) May 12, 2017
4) No blender, must eat it as it comes. Puke ok, forced puke or repeated puke DQ.No inflated pricing McDs (airports)— Michael Noori (@McHamburgler1k) May 12, 2017
He also has to do the whole challenge in a Hamburglar costume. Those who'd liked to follow along can check the Twitter account above for videos and updates.
Also of note: Alongside the bet a charitable drive has been initiated to "raise money and awareness for hunger problems around the world." From the GoFundMe Page:
"My friend Phong "Turbo" Nguyen, also a poker player, travels to Vietnam every Christmas to buy supplies, food and clothes to give back to the needy there. Turbo came from Vietnam with nothing, it's his way of giving back.
"Every dollar contributed to this campaign will be matched by Turbo, dollar for dollar, up to $20,000. Every dollar collected will go to increasing the amount of supplies, food and clothing that is given out this year."
At press time over $12,500 had already been raised.