PokerListings.com is the world's largest and most trusted online poker guide, offering the best online poker bonus deals guaranteed, over $1m in exclusive freerolls every year and the most free poker content available on the Web.
Daily 3-Bet: Big Pot Jungle, PAD Back, DNegs Greatest Win?
The PokerListings Daily 3-Bet is a battery of cameras, a fern-filled backdrop and a short walk to the open bar on the afternoon poker news TV set.
Have a bit you'd like to see in a future 3-Bet? Drop a note in the comments.
Today in the 3-Bet we find Dan "Jungleman" Cates giving away secrets, Poker After Dark alive again and Daniel Negreanu on the brink of a signature win.
1) Big Pot, Big Hand
The slow drip of videos dispensed by the Paul Phua Poker School has been an intriguing mix of amateur basics and high-end strategy conversations with some of the best poker players in the game.
Would any of it really help you in an actual poker game at the stakes most of us play?
Hard to say. But it's never a waste of time to hear brilliant poker minds like Phil Ivey, Dan Colman, Tom Dwan and Dan "Jungleman" Cates talk about their approaches to various hands and situations.
The latest to sit down for a chat is the ever-intriguing Jungleman, who gave away his 'secret' for playing big pots. Check the two-parter below:
2) Poker After Dark Revived on PokerGO
During the golden age of poker TV - aka 2006-2011 - there were a couple of 'anchor' programs poker fans watched religiously.
The legendary High Stakes Poker was, of course, the high-water mark but close behind was NBC's more eclectic Poker After Dark, which mixed things up with themed episodes, mixed games and even table-side, whispered insight from players in the game.
Good news for PAD fans today: Poker Central is re-launching the show exclusively on its PokerGO app starting August 7.
The spectacular Nick Schulman and Ali Nejad will provide commentary and the premier episode with feature Daniel Negreanu and Antonio Esfandiari.
“Poker After Dark achieved some of the most breathtaking moments in poker," says producer Mori Eskandani, "by bringing the fans into an intimate setting up close and personal with the players.
"PokerGO is the perfect destination for the return of Poker After Dark and we look forward to bringing back the same spirit of the show that made it such a hit in the past.”
Check the PokerGO app for the full schedule. Check some highlight moments below:
3) Negreanu on Brink of Greatest Win?
We know, we know. We've been all over this deep Negreanu run in the $50,000 Poker Players Championship over the past few days.
But there's a very good reason for that: it just might be Negreanu's signature win as a poker player. And that's saying A LOT for a guy who's poker's all-time leading money winner.
Negreanu already has some incredible wins/results on his extensive resume.
A few highlights:
- $2,000 Hold'em Pot Limit WSOP 1998, Las Vegas 1st $169,460
- $7,500 Texas Hold'em Championship 1999 US Poker Championship, AC 1st $210,000
- $2,000 S.H.O.E. WSOP 2003, Las Vegas 1st $100,440
- $2,000 Limit Hold'em WSOP 2004, Las Vegas 1st $169,100
- $10,000 No Limit Hold'em Championship Poker at the Plaza, 2004 Las Vegas 1st $310,000
- $15,000 WPT Championship - NL Hold'em Five-Diamond World Poker Classic, Las Vegas 1st $1,770,218
- $10,000 No Limit Hold'em 2004 Borgata Poker Open - WPT, Atlantic City 1st $1,117,400
- $10,000 Championship Event - NL Hold'em Jack Binion WSOP Circuit Event 1st $755,525
- C$2,500 No Limit Hold'em - BC Poker Championships 1st C$371,910
- £10,000 No Limit Hold'em - 2009 WSOPE London 2nd £495,589
- €25,000 No Limit Hold'em - 8 Max High Roller EPT Grand Final 2nd €598,600
- A$10,000 No Limit Hold'em - WSOP APAC Main Event Melbourne 1st A$1,038,825
- €25,000 No Limit Hold'em - High Roller 2013 WSOPE Enghien-les-Bains 1st €725,000
- $1,000,000 No Limit Hold'em - The Big One for One Drop WSOP 2014, Las Vegas 2nd $8,288,001
- $10,000 No Limit Hold'em Main Event WSOP 2015, Las Vegas 11th $526,778
There are many, many more. And the $8.2m from the $1m One Drop stands out as does the WSOP APAC ME.
But are any more impressive than bating 100 of the world's best mixed-game players in the signature all-around WSOP event in 2017 with the game at its toughest level ever?
That's where Negreanu stands today heading into the final table of the $50k PPC with the chip lead. And if he seals the deal it just may be the signature win of his astounding poker carer.
'Wow' might be all that's left to say. GL Kid Poker; thousands of fans are rooting for you. Follow along with the live updates on WSOP.com starting at 2 pm today.