There are a lot of online poker deposit options out there, but PayPal is definitely one of the most popular. If you’ve already used PayPal as an online payment method you’ll know how simple and effective it is. Instead of using your credit card or bank details for every online poker transaction you simply create a PayPal account.
Once you have a PayPal account (and upload funds from any number of options) it’s then dead simple to transfer money back and forth to your poker account.
No credit card info is required and no bank details either - just a click of the button and your funds are there in your poker account. Even better: the best online real money poker sites usually waive any PayPal fees for deposits -- and even withdrawals.
The following list of poker sites offer poker PayPal deposits and withdrawals:
Pick your PayPal Poker Room
Setting up a PayPal Account
Setting up an account is of course the first step when you want to make a deposit with PayPal at an online casino or online poker room. Here's how you do that:
- Go to Paypal.com: The setup of your PayPal account is done on the site of PayPal itself (PayPal.com is the international address).
- Register: On the PayPal website, click on "Registration" (if you cannot find the button, first click on "Log in").
- Enter personal info: The next thing you need to do is provide some basic personal information. Be sure to use an email address that you check regularly, as it is used for communication. Next, you'll need to choose a password that you can remember, but that is not easy to guess.
- Connect your bank account: The next step is to connect your bank account to PayPal. PayPal uses your account for payments. You must have your account verified first. PayPal will transfer a small amount of money to your account with a code to confirm the transfer. Once you have received the transaction, enter the code in PayPal and your PayPal account will be verified. This step is necessary to ensure that no strangers can access your account easily.
- Done! Once your account is verified, you can use PayPal to make online poker deposits and withdrawals.
Advantages Using PayPal for Poker Deposits
- Save and secure: PayPal is one of the best and oldest online transfer methods with impeccable security and safety
- No approval needed: No long-forms or credit card approvals to make each deposit
- No deposit fees: Most (if not all) poker sites waive fees for PayPal poker deposits
- Instant: Money is in your online poker account instantly
- Easy mobile app: Very easy to fund your account on the go with PayPal mobile app
- Privacy: Financial information is never shared with the online poker site
- Anonymous: Each transaction is completely anonymous and only connected to your Paypal account, not your bank or credit card
Disadvantages of using Paypal
- Withdrawal fees: Withdrawals via PayPal may cost you fees. Usually those are 1.5% of the amount you withdraw and many poker sites and casinos take over the payment. But not all do and thus it's always important to check the T&C before withdrawing big amounts.
- Lackluster customer service: If you encounter a problem with a payment, it is difficult to find contact phone numbers on the website, and emails are usually only answered with automated answers.
PayPal Fees and Withdrawal Limits
Fortunately, none of the online poker rooms we tested charge any fees for PayPal deposits. However, PayPal itself charges companies a fee for the transaction. All poker providers and the vast majority of online casinos pay these fees and do not pass them on to their customers. However, there are some poker providers that charge a small fee for withdrawals, because PayPal also charges casinos a small fee for transactions to customers.
Here is an overview of what PayPal currently charges:
- Payments using PayPal: free
- Private transactions from PayPal to PayPal: free
- Adding funds to PayPal account: free
- Withdrawing funds from PayPal account: free
- Merchant fees: 2.9% plus 30 cents per transaction
- International transaction fees: 4.4% per transaction
- Inactivity fees: none
- Withdrawal limits: $5,000 per day
- Processing time (deposits): Instant
- Processing time (withdrawals): 2 days
PayPal Poker Sites: How to make a deposit or withdraw money
When you have finished setting up your account at PayPal you can easily make instant payments at a PayPal poker site. Above is a list of all the poker rooms we've tested that accept PayPal. Simply select the provider of your choice. Registration and deposit only takes a few minutes.
Once you have registered with the poker rooms, select PayPal from the list of payment options in the Cashier area. Then enter your PayPal data (i.e. your e-mail address), enter your deposit amount and you are ready to play!
A withdrawal should be just as easy. However, please note that transfers from the poker account to your PayPal account can take up to two business days.
Depositing with PayPal at a Poker Site
- Make sure your PayPal account is charged or directly linked to your bank account.
- Select the PayPal option in the Cashier area.
- Enter the details of your PayPal account along with the amount you wish to deposit.
- The money will be instantly available.
Withdrawing Money using PayPal
- Go to the cashier of your poker room.
- Choose PayPal as your payout option.
- Specify the amount you wish to withdraw.
- Wait until the transaction is fully processed.This usually takes 2 business days.
Best Alternative Payment Methods to Paypal
Even though PayPal is a very smooth and effective tool to use as an online payment method, there are of course other online poker deposit options to choose from. An example of another E-wallet payment option is Skrill, and for poker card payment you have options like Visa. Also, if you are into poker cryptocurrency payment methods, Bitcoin is a fine example of such an option, just to name a few.
Deposits and Withdrawals at Paypal Poker Sites: FAQ
How Do I Set Up a PayPal Account?If you already have a PayPal account, great. You're ready to go as long as you have funds stored in your PayPal account. If you don't have a PayPal account yet you'll need to create one via the PayPal website.
Thankfully this only takes a few minutes or so. You'll be up and running with an email, a password and any number of ways to transfer money directly into your PayPal account.
Once your Paypal account is created and has a balance, you'll easily be able to make a deposit on a poker site that accepts PayPal as a deposit method.
How Long Does It Take to Set Up a PayPal Account?See the header "Setting up a PayPal Account" at the top for a step-by-step process of the simple sign-up process to open a new Paypal account. It really does just take a few minutes to get a PayPal account all set up and ready to go.
It may take a bit of time to clear your first deposit from your bank into your PayPal account but once the money is there it's literally instantaneous to transfer money to an online poker site that accepts PayPal.
How Do I Make a PayPal Poker Deposit?Making a deposit to a poker site using PayPal is quick and simple. You can do it via your desktop computer (laptop) or via the mobile app and it is safe and secure either way.
Once you’ve created your new online poker account you’ll need to sign in and head to the “cashier” page. You’ll find a button for “deposit” and a drop-down menu that, if the poker site accepts Paypal as a deposit method, will have PayPal listed.
Select PayPal, fill in the form to authorize the deposit from your PayPal account and the amount you’d like to deposit. Click “authorize” and you’re there!
Your funds will appear virtually instantly in your online poker account and be ready for play. If the transfer doesn’t appear right away, contact the poker site’s support staff and they will help you out.
Which Poker Sites Accept PayPal?As you can see by the toplist above most major poker sites accept Paypal as a deposit method. It’s fast, secure and universally accepted across the globe as a trusted payment method and not just for online poker.
However, it does depend on the country you live in. PayPal is an accepted method for depositing to an online poker site ONLY in countries where poker sites are licensed and regulated.
If you live in one of those countries (E.g. UK, Malta, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Italy, France, etc), you can use PayPal as a deposit method (and often a withdrawal method as well) for major poker sites including PokerStars, PartyPoker and more.
Can I Use PayPal on Mobile to Deposit to My Poker Account?Yep, absolutely. Your online poker site cashier will have a PayPal logo in the mobile menu for easy, one-click transactions. If the standard poker site accepts PayPal you can be confident the mobile site will also have payPal as a deposit option.
Are There Any Downsides to Using PayPal?Probably the small fees you might have to pay, although they’re comparatively very small and well worth it for the convenience and security of using PayPal as a deposit and withdrawal option.
Most poker sites have even waived PayPal fees for both deposits and withdrawals, although if you’re dealing in relatively large sums or changing currencies you will likely pay a fee.
You can also withdraw money from your PayPal account to your bank account with no fee although if you’d prefer a cheque that’ll cost you $1.50.
As mentioned, though, PayPal is only an option in countries where online poker is licensed and regulated so it may not be available to you. Some poker sites also won’t process withdrawals to PayPal. You'll have to check with the online poker site's policies on transactions in your country of residence.
Do I Need to Worry About My PayPal Account Being Hacked?Nope. Never. PayPal uses the highest-level encryption to ensure all transactions are safe and secure. It also provides both buyer and seller protection to safeguard the transaction and will reimburse you should things not go according to plan.
PayPal monitors every transaction 24/7 to prevent any fraud, phishing or identity theft and when you use PayPal your financial information is never visible to the online retailer.
See PayPal’s security page for more info on exactly what you’re covered against. Once you’ve set up your Paypal account with your email and password, though, it’s up to you to keep those safe from prying eyes.
Are There Deposit and Withdrawal Limits with PayPal for Poker?PayPal’s standard limits for deposits and withdrawals are:
Deposits: $10- $50,000
Withdrawals: $10 - $10,000
The maximum daily deposit and withdrawal limits also depend on each individual poker site but for most people these will never become an issue. If you are a high-volume or high-stakes player you might want to look into more expansive or cost-effective payment transfer methods.
Will I Still Get an Online Poker Bonus if I Use PayPal?For sure. Your online poker bonus is completely independent of the means with which you fund your poker account. Occasionally there are even bonus offers for using a particular payment method. See each individual poker site for any preferred payment method.
Can I Use PayPal for a US Poker Site?As of right now, yes. In the 4 US states have legalized and regulated online poker (New Jersey, Nevada, Pennsylvania and Delaware) they can accept PayPal for poker deposits and withdrawals.
With the official legalization of online poker in those states a variety of other good poker payment methods are now available, too, including credit cards like Visa and Mastercard, more third-party eWallets like Neteller and Skrill and resorts/player cards for the brick-and-mortar casinos that offer online poker. See each individual site for more detail.
Can I Use PayPal on PokerStars?Yes, but only if you live in a country (or state) where online poker is licensed and regulated. According to PokerStars it allows one PayPal account per customer and allows for both deposits and withdrawals via PayPal. See PokerStars' real-money information page and cashier page to see if Paypal is an option for you.
Can I Use More Than One PayPal Account?No. You can only link one PayPal account to your online poker account. There are a variety of other ways you can deposit to your online poker account, though. See our full list of Online Poker Deposit Options via the link at the bottom.
How Many People Use PayPal as a Payment Method?A lot. Like, an awful lot. PayPal has been in operation around the world for well over two decades and has at last count over 200 million active users. Paypal was bought by eBay back in 2002 so you can rest assured that your payment method is backed by one of the biggest global online entities ever created.