World College Poker is an online community of passionate college looking for a launching pad to elevate their game, show their stuff and claim some glory. This is the first time this event is available on a global scale, so we suggest you take advantage of the opportunity to learn from peers, claim some bragging rights as well as awesome prizes.
With such a comprehensive list of big-name poker sponsors, you can bet that the rewards for the final tablers (final six) are baller. They include a European Poker Tour (EPT) package worth €8,000, a custom gaming chair for the six finalists, an engraved PokerStars trophy for the winner, free coaching and loads more.
As we know, PokerStars still sits on its perch as the world’s largest online poker site, offering some of the best poker software around. Plus, Stars is a pioneer and beast in the online tournament series field championships – and a PokerListings Online Series award winner. With major yearly championships like WCOOP (World Championship of Online Poker), SCOOP (Spring Championship of Online Poker) and Turbo. So, you can’t find a better space for such an event.
WCP CHAMPIONSHIP STRUCTURE AND DATES
The Championship will be split into four stages – round one to four, one event per week. Players will be split up into six global regions once they register and all will compete for the gold on PokerStars starting July 24, 2021.
|July 24||1||All participants compete in a Round One tournament exclusive for their region. In each region, entrants play down to 50 players who go on to qualify for Round Two.|
|July 31||2||The 300 qualifiers from Round One will compete to be one of 45 players going through to Round Three. Their chip stacks will be carried from Round Two to Round Three.|
|August 7||3||The remaining 45 players, who will all receive PokerStars swag bags, will then play down to the final six.|
|TBA||4||The top 6 finishers will compete live or online to be crowned the 2021 World College Poker Main Event Champion. More details announced soon.|
WORLD COLLEGE POKER CHAMPIONSHIP PRIZES
These prizes will be well worth battling for – check it out:
- €8,000 European Poker Tour (EPT) package
- PokerStars trophy (engraved for the winner)
- 3-day Vegas trip incl. airfare and a seat at Matt Berkey’s Solve for Why Academy (for runner-up)
- Duel Patrik Antonius, high stakes superstars, heads-up on PokerStars
- Vacation packages for top 3 finishers courtesy of PLO Quick Pro
- X6 custom gaming chair (for final 6)
- Special hotel packages for the six finalists.
- Private poker lesson with Jonathan Little WPT Player of the Year
- Private poker lesson with master coach Alex Fitzgerald.
- $100 Hotel Savings Gift Card from PLO Quick Pro
WHO CAN PLAY?
The free-to-play 2021 World College Poker Championship Main Event will be open for students worldwide aged 18 and over. Bar players from Spain, Italy, Portugal, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and New Jersey who cannot participate in the WCP events on PokerStars due to local regulations. They must have a valid student ID who are currently enrolled at colleges, universities, and vocational schools.
Online and live poker tournaments have been an ongoing fixture on college campuses for decades. There are many skills and life lessons you can learn from poker, like strategic thinking, money management, psychology, and risk assessment, among others. If this sounds interesting, check out our beginners guides and sign up for this historic championship.
WHERE DO I SIGN UP?
Registration is now open. So, you can register at PokerStars now, pick up your exclusive bonus, courtesy of PokerListings by clicking PLAY HERE below, and sign up for the tournament from the lobby. You’ll be competing for a shot at the Main Event title and a spot in poker history. All entrants will also receive a $100 Hotel Savings Gift Card for simply signing up to play.
WHY PLAY AT POKERSTARS?
- Biggest Player Base: PokerStars is the most popular online poker site that accommodates a global poker community. You’ll find the most traffic on its European site.
- Unbeatable Game Selection: It’s players’ first choice as it has more daily tournaments and more poker variants than anywhere else online, including mixed games.
- Top Software Online: There's no better than Stars award-winning software - fast, smooth and innovative with modern internet poker features.
- Added Value and rewards: New players get a welcome bonuses and can continue to enjoy ongoing promotions and leaderboard races that award free tickets, cash prizes, and more.
- Home Games available within the client to play privately with friends online in your own personal clubs.
- Long-standing Poker Room: Since its 2001 launch, there have been over 200 billion hands dealt on PokerStars – which is a record feat. It’s regulated, secure and reliable.