Poker players are having a grand old time at the Grand Casino in Tunica, Miss., as the main event of the World Series of Poker Circuit (WSOPC) tournament gets underway today. With a $5,000 buy-in and a 2007 World Series of Poker Main Event seat on the line, play looks to be pretty serious.
The playing field for the main event has 377 players. Though many pros have headed even farther south to Melbourne, Australia, for the Aussie Millions, there were still a few familiar faces in Mississippi as play began today.
PokerListing.com's own Owen Laukkanen is live at Tunica to bring poker fans live updates, interviews and reports from the WSOPC main event. Check out the PokerListings.com Live Tournament Section for all the latest news from Tunica.
The Grand Casino has already seen plenty of cards on the table this past week as several satellite events played out as well as the first nine events of the poker tournament series. With as many as 694 people entering in events, the prize pools in the smaller events were just as juicy as the main event.
The winners of each event and their winnings were:
- Event 1: $500 No-Limit Hold'em, Ronald Brown, $94,245
- Event 2: $1,000 No-Limit Hold'em, Terry Hill, $56,884
- Event 3: $500 No-Limit Hold'em, Corey Sanders, $75,939
- Event 4: $500 Omaha Hi-Lo, Greg Jamison, $33,212
- Event 5: $1,500 No-Limit Hold'em, David Robbins, $82,971
- Event 6: $1,000 No-Limit Hold'em, Hal Cromwell, $71,360
- Event 7: $500 H.O.R.S.E., Michael Conti, $35,307
- Event 8: $500 No-Limit Hold'em, Donaldson Brown, $98,184
- Event 9: $200 Ladies No-Limit Hold'em, Erin Elwood, $27,060