The conference call offered numerous other tidbits including slight tweaks to the schedule, the ability to play online poker while at a WSOP table and a new grind room for online players.
The 2014 WSOP is scheduled to run from May 27 to July 14. The $10,000 buy-in Main Event will have a $10 million guaranteed first-place prize for the first time ever.
2014 WSOP to Feature OFC Cash Games, Entertainment, Online Support
Here’s a look at the rest of the notable information that was dropped in the conference call earlier today:
- Stewart would be surprised if they don’t hit One Drop cap. That’s 56 players (up from 48 in 2012) which means a $20+ million first-place prize. Check here to see who's signed up so far.
- WSOP committed to running Open-Face Chinese cash games. Still unsure if OFC is a “poker tournament.”
- Late registration up to six hours in most events.
- Stewart predicted over 100 additional Main Event seats will be won on WSOP.com Poker. 100 players have already qualified.
- Grind room to be set up, which will allow players to play WSOP.com (sounds reminiscent of the operator lounges in 2006). Players will also be able to play online poker at the live WSOP tables this year.
- The 5 p.m. starts have been changed to 4 p.m. This change was probably made to combat very late nights in those tournaments.
- Sounds like the atmosphere will be more festive than ever with live music, indoor blimps and other entertainment for shuffle up and deal.