PokerListings.com is the world's largest and most trusted online poker guide, offering the best online poker bonus deals guaranteed, over $1m in exclusive freerolls every year and the most free poker content available on the Web.
WSOP Online to Launch this Summer, Carnivale of Poker Returns
There’s a chance the World Series of Poker will be running its own online satellites to the 2013 WSOP Main Event this summer for the first time ever.
The WSOP announced via a conference call today that it plans on having its online site active this summer and the Carnivale of Poker will return.
Seth Palansky, vice president of corporate communications for Caesars Entertainment, was vague when talking about the official launch date for WSOP Online for real money but mentioned it was because they were perfecting the software.
“We intend to be in this biz for 100 years,” said WSOP Communications Director Seth Palensky. “Lots of boxes to check off, won’t be too much longer. It will be this summer.”
Carnival of Poker to Offer 21 Events
In addition the WSOP is re-launching the Carnivale of Poker, which is a separate series of 21 events with lower buy-ins that will take place simultaneously with the WSOP.
The Carnivale of Poker will offer events with buy-ins of $300, $500, $1000 and $1,675 and winners will receive a gold medallion. There will be an Open-Face Chinese event. WSOP will also chip in $100,000 to the top 10 point earners at the end of the Carnivale of Poker.
Here’s a list of the revelations from the conference call (H/T to @Kevmath for live Tweeting. You can also listen to the entire thing here.):
- Players will be allowed to bring bags, backpacks, purses and etc. although there might be random searches.
- WSOP Online for real money to launch this summer. Out of their hands but Caesars would love to run satellites for live WSOP.
- Carnival of Poker returns after 10 years absence. A total of 21 events with buy-ins of $300-$500-$1000 and $1,675.
- 34 "Primary" live streams will display hole cards on a 30-minute display thanks to RFID technology.
- The WSOP is interested in making Open-Face Chinese a bracelet event next year if the numbers are there.