PokerListings.com is the world's largest and most trusted online poker guide, offering the best online poker bonus deals guaranteed, over $1m in exclusive freerolls every year and the most free poker content available on the Web.
WSOP Announces $1M Big One Satellite Program
Players at more than 15 casinos around the U.S. will have a chance to qualify for the world’s first $1 million buy-in poker tournament for as little as $65.
The World Series of Poker announced their satellite program for the 2012 Big One for One Drop and it culminates in a $25,300 mega satellite in Las Vegas on June 30.
One seat to the $1 million Big One will be generated for every 40 players that enter the June 30 satellite.
Over 15 casinos have signed on to run feeder satellites with buy-ins starting at $65. Each casino’s steps-satellite program will wrap up with a guaranteed seat into the $25,300 mega at the WSOP.
The first qualifier to the June 30 mega begins tomorrow at the Bicycle Casino in Los Angeles.
Poker players in Canada will also have an opportunity to qualify for the Big One when Loto-Québec presents the Grand Loto-Québec Poker Tournament at the Casino du Lac-Leamy May 19-20.
The 2012 Big One is expected to generate the biggest first-place prize in poker history.
It needs 30 players to best the $12 million record set by Jamie Gold when he won the 2006 WSOP Main Event.
But according to former world champion and One Drop spokesperson Jonathan Duhamel, the field could be even bigger.
“It’s going to be over 40 for sure,” Duhamel told PokerListings.com at the recent LA Poker Classic.
“I think between 40 and 48 players will play, so it’s going to be a lot of money for the winner,” he said.
If the Big One did hit its 48-player cap the winner would instantly become poker’s leading all-time money winner, edging out Erik Seidel and Phil Ivey who both have more than $16 million.
Here are the full details on casinos participating in the Big One satellite program:
- The Bicycle Casino (Los Angeles) Thursday, April 5, 2012
- Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana) Sunday, June 10, 2012
- Horseshoe Southern Indiana Sunday, May 27, 2012
- Horseshoe Hammond (Chicago area) Saturday, May 26, 2012
- Choctaw Durant (Dallas/Oklahoma) Sunday, May 20, 2012
- Caesars Palace (Las Vegas) Sunday, May 20, 2012
- Horseshoe Tunica (Mississippi) Sunday, June 10, 2012
- Palm Beach Kennel Club (Florida) TBD
- Council Bluffs (Iowa/Nebraska) Sunday, May 27, 2012
- Harrah's St Louis Sunday, May 20, 2012
- Harrah's Chester (Philadelphia) Saturday, May 19, 2012
- Harrah's New Orleans Saturday, May 19, 2012
- The Lodge Casino (Colorado) Sunday, June 3, 2012
- Canterbury Park (Minnesota) Sunday, May 13, 2012