PokerListings.com is the world's largest and most trusted online poker guide, offering the best online poker bonus deals guaranteed, over $1m in exclusive freerolls every year and the most free poker content available on the Web.
WSOP 3-Bet: Six >> Rio, France Zut Alors, $500k Caviar Dreams
The PokerListings WSOP 3-Bet is a bone spoon, a tin of Iranian Almas and zero question you're the biggest afternoon poker news baller at the table.
Feel like we've missed something important at the Rio? Let us know in the comments.
Today in the 3-Bet we find the final six from the first-ever WSOP online event going live, France lands another WSOP runner-up and tales from the $500k Aria Super High Roller Bowl almost too good to be true.
1) Franklin, Tuthill Go Live
So, that was really pretty cool to watch.
The first-ever WSOP online bracelet event played down to six yesterday with a couple of notable faces making the mix for the live final table at the Rio tomorrow.
Here they are with screennames revealed:
1. Craig 'imgrinding' Varnell - 2,572,767
2. Anthony 'casedismised' Spinella - 2,290,637
3. Ryan 'Stonerboner' Franklin - 1,832,138
4. Andrew 'SLOPHOUSE' Rose - 1,104,863
5. Hunter 'GringoLoco72' Cichy - 1,059,089
6. David 'TuttyBear' Tuthill - 467,813
Franklin, also known as HITTHEPANDA, has about $4m in online earnings and dozens of notable scores.
Tuthill is a veteran grinder with dozens of live and online scores including a WSOP Circuit ring and a final table in the $3k PLO this summer. Spinella also has a very decent array of live cashes including 20 of them at the WSOP.
Will anyone have an edge when they switch venues and get face-to-face? It'll be fascinating to watch the dynamic play out tomorrow on the livestream.
With an impressive 905 entrants first-place will pay over $167k. Check yesterday's big hands from the coverage here.
2) France Gets Sand in the Face, Again
You know which country is having a kind of awesome/kind of frustrating summer at the tables? The collective poker forces from the lovely nation of France.
Somewhat incredibly they've failed to win a bracelet yet this summer, but even more painfully they have six runner-up finishes among them after Aurélien Guiglini's runner-up in Event #59 last night.
Gabriel Nassif (Event 19)
Pierre Milan (Event 25)
Jean-Marc Thomas (Event 31)
Erwann Pecheux (Event 34)
Yehoram Houri (Event 42)
Aurélien Guiglini (Event 59)
Some salt in the wound? France's Yorane Kerignard took third behind Guiglini in Event #59 last night won by, of all people, a Brit.
Sacre bleu. More on last night's finishes here.
3) Champagne Wishes and White Bean Dreams
If you followed the action from the $500k Super High Roller Bowl at the Aria that started yesterday you know vibe has been nothing short of spectacular.
Just a few of the delights from yesterday:
- Bobby Baldwin ordered caviar to the table. Caviar!
- Ole Schemion? He ate some white beans
- Andrew Lichtenberger chowed on a Tofu mash
- In case you were unaware, there was free food for the players despite no fees for playing
- Ivey busted rather unspectacularly
- David Peters has the chip lead with 27 players left.
- He's followed closely by Scott Seiver, Connor Drinan, Bill Klein and Andrew Robl
- 43 total entries with $7.5m (!) to the winner
- Several players who originally committed didn't show including Tom Dwan, Mohsin Charania, Sorel Mizzi, Noah Schwartz and JC Tran
- Who unexpectedly played? 2015 Spirit of Poker Rising Star nominee Fedor Holz
- Daniel Negreanu, Jason Koon, Erik Seidel, Ben Lamb, Dan Colman, Phil Galfond, Timofey "Trueteller" Kuznetsov will also return for Day 2
Also: What does your face look like if you've got $500k but the Aria won't let you buy-in? Like this it seems:
My face when aria poker decided to not let me play the 500k today pic.twitter.com/E0CkpdJDo1— Jason Mo (@cuntycakes123) July 2, 2015
There's more but we're already out of breath. Check back for an update from the action later. Check our $500k Super High Roller Bowl photo blog for pics.