World Poker Tour Enterprises, Inc. (WPTE), owner of the World Poker Tour (WPT), has signed with 14 leading manufacturers to bring WPT-branded merchandise to the international market by Father’s Day (June 19, 2006), it has been announced.
According to a release issued by the poker TV powerhouse, new products set to be released include:
• PixelPlay -- Interactive set top box TV games
• Oakley -- Poker sunglasses
• AMF Billiards -- Poker tables
• Bev Key -- Aluminum key chain/bottle openers
• Die Cast Promotions -- Die cast trucks
• Head West -- Decorative mirrors for bar or game rooms
• Imperial Rubber Holdings -- Rolled, rubber-backed washable poker play mat
• Notra Trading -- Bedding, towels and housewares
• Nostalgia Art -- Limited edition artwork
• Pacific Sportswear -- Wristbands, headbands and rubber bracelets for charity
• S2Art -- Limited edition prints and posters
• Stern Pinball -- Pinball machines
• Talexia -- Cell phone charms
• Two Dog Designs -- Barbeque covers
"WORLD POKER TOUR merchandise continues to shine at retail because we work with the best licensed product companies in the U.S. and they know how to maximize brands at retail," said Andrea Green, vice president of global consumer products at WPTE. "We are thrilled to be adding these well-respected companies as licensees and appreciate their dedication to growing the WPT brand."
WPT consumer products currently available in the United States and abroad include handheld and video games; apparel; jewelry; poker equipment and chips; books; DVDs; candy; games for mobile phones, PDAs and wireless devices; furniture and house wares, automotive accessories; talking bottle openers; and lighters, among other merchandise.