PokerListings.com is the world's largest and most trusted online poker guide, offering the best online poker bonus deals guaranteed, over $1m in exclusive freerolls every year and the most free poker content available on the Web.
The Sunday Scoop: Shaniac Among First Winners of 2012
Veteran online poker pro and noted blogger Shane “Shaniac” Schleger headlined yesterday’s online tournament results as part of a seven-way chop in the Sunday Million on PokerStars.
Schleger joined the hordes of players who kicked off their New Year by competing for hundreds of thousands of dollars in the week’s biggest online poker events.
Read on for the highlights in this week’s edition of the Sunday Scoop.
PokerStars Sunday Million ($1M Gtd)
The Sunday Million on PokerStars broke its guarantee again this week with 7,296 players kicking in their $215 buy-in for a shot at the more than $218,000 first-place prize.
In the end the biggest payouts were decided by a deal, whereby the final seven players chopped up the prize money and left $20,000 on the table for the eventual winner.
Well-known online pro and recent addition to Team PokerStars Online Shane “Shaniac” Schleger pocketed $84,000 and finished seventh, while Ifold2ndnuts from the Netherlands went on to win and take home $116,104.
The biggest take went to FMorbiducci of Chile who earned $147,602 and ended up finishing second.
Here are the full final table payouts adjusted to reflect the seven-way deal:
- 1: Ifold2ndnuts ($116,104.61)*
- 2: FMorbiducci ($147,602.19)*
- 3: VEENSTRA.R ($103,576.93)*
- 4: Outeiri ($110,425.21)*
- 5: Tellef ($70,093.80)*
- 6: tomdblade ($78,642.14)*
- 7: Team Online's Shane "shaniac" Schleger ($84,000.00)*
- 8: Pokerassss01 ($17,510.40)
- 9: NUMBJkE ($11,308.80)
*Numbers based on a seven-way chop agreement
PokerStars Sunday Warm-Up ($500k Gtd)
3,100 players were able to rouse themselves early enough to participate in this week’s $215 Warm-Up, building a $620,000 prize pool and putting $97,340 on the table for first .
After roughly ten hours of play the UK’s jenbizzle came out on top, defeating lehai80 from Russia heads-up, who received $72,540 for second.
Making deep runs but falling short of the final table were a few familiar names. Bryn Kenney cruised to 13th before going broke, and Juan Antonio Maceiras “vietcong01” Barros, who won a Sunday Million in 2010, finished 14th.
Team PokerStars Pro Johnny Lodden was eliminated in 23rd when he open-shoved J♥ T♥ and got snapped off by Bryn Kenney who picked up pocket kings.
Here are the full final table results:
- 1: jenbizzle (United Kingdom) $97,340.00
- 2. lehai80 (Russia) $72,540.00
- 3. Flying Smile (Russia) $51,460.00
- 4. sevshi (Chile) $35,650.00
- 5. Spades4Fun (United Kingdom) $26,542.20
- 6. colomo1 (Belgium) $20,150.00
- 7. AngleZero (Finland) $13,950.00
- 8. MFC_79 (United Kingdom) $7,750.00
- 9. H3nryy (Portugal) $4,960.00
PokerStars Sunday 500 ($250k Gtd)
This week’s $530 buy-in Sunday major attracted 712 players and broke its guarantee with a $356,000 prize pool.
dsnka of the Czech Republic emerged victorious, pocketing $51,443 as part of a three-way deal with elitelive who was playing from Barbados, and WushuTM of Austria.
dsnka’s real identity is not known to us but this player has been extremely active on all major sites, also playing under the name LuckyDuy and earning just under $1 million according to PocketFives.
Just a few weeks ago he finished third in the PokerStars Sunday Warm-Up for $60,720.
Just missing out on this final table was Team PokerStars Online pro Mickey “mement_mori” Petersen who finished tenth.
Here are the full final table results adjusted to reflect the three-way deal:
- 1. dsnka (Czech Republic) *$51,443
- 2. elitelive (Barbados) *$45,453
- 3. WushuTM (Austria) *$48,528
- 4. nikov (Russia) $25,988
- 5. jknack10 (Canada) $18,334
- 6. 92cata (Spain) $14,744
- 7. marlin5555 (Canada) $11,214
- 8. muratfb (Turkey) $7,867
- 9. Aboubacar (Norway) $4,556