PokerListings.com is the world's largest and most trusted online poker guide, offering the best online poker bonus deals guaranteed, over $1m in exclusive freerolls every year and the most free poker content available on the Web.
Sunday Scoop: 33,000 Play PokerStars Sunday Million
This weekend was all about the Sunday Million’s sixth anniversary with slyfox15 of the Netherlands emerging victorious from a field of more than 33,000.
Perhaps spurred on by the Sunday Million birthday celebration players flocked to PokerStars’ other regularly-scheduled Sunday majors, posting huge numbers across the board.
We’ve got the rundown on the day’s three biggest online poker tournaments below.
slyfox15 Tops Sixth Anniversary Sunday Million
An astounding 33,732 bought in to this week’s Sunday Million, creating an enormous $6,746,400 prize pool.
Despite boasting a $1 million first-place guarantee, the biggest paycheck was just $590,482. That was thanks to an eight-way deal that left $120,000 on the table for first.
So while slyfox15 was the official winner, pocketing $480,761, tooode of Finland walked away with the biggest prize.
Here are the full final table payouts, adjusted to reflect the eight-way deal:
- 1. slyfox151 (Netherlands) - $480,761.38*
- 2. blodders03 (United Kingdom) - $481,724.56*
- 3. HesBluffingx (New Zealand) - $552,972.89*
- 4. Paars_Wit (Netherlands) - $254,827.49*
- 5. lalex-79 (Russia) - $225,028.27*
- 6. SASHA 2908 (Russia) - $187,355.63*
- 7. toode (Finland) - $590,482.92*
- 8. baadger (Finland) - $239,269.62*
- 9. orange6 (Israel) - $53,296.56
As expected of an event with over 33,000 players few big names made it deep, let alone to the final table.
But the list of players in the money in this week’s Sunday Million did contain a few notable names.
Shaun Deeb played the event from Mexico and made it to 105th place for a payday of just over $4,000.
Matt “ch0ppy” Kay finished 339th while Chris “ImDaNuts” Oliver finished 717th.
The deepest run by a member of Team PokerStars Pro was Leo Fernandez who finished 789th.
He was joined in the money by teammates Joao “jomane” Nunes (933rd), Chad Brown (1500th), Martin “AABenjaminAA” Hruby (3355th) and Fredy “sirfreddy83” Torres (3997th).
Chouity and Reinkemeier Deep in Sunday Warm-Up
This week’s Warm-Up featured 3,664 players battling it out for a piece of the $732,800 prize pool and unlike the Sunday Million, a few big names made it deep.
jorjo2007 of Denmark took down $83,457 for finishing in the top spot but the payouts had already been decided thanks to a four-way deal.
$10,000 was left on the table for the eventual winner.
The first elimination at the final table was German live crusher Tobias “PokerNoob999” Reinkemeier who received $5,862.
Out in 7th was EPT Grand Final champion Nicolas “niccc” Chouity. He took $16,488.
jorjo2007 defeated former Team PokerStars Online Greece member Alexios "J0hnny_Dr@m@" Zervos heads-up to put this event to bed.
Here are the full final table payouts, adjusted to reflect the four-way deal:
- 1. jorjo2007 (Denmark) - $83,457.78*
- 2. Alexios "J0hnny_Dr@m@" - Zervos (Greece) $78,473.66*
- 3. Bandano (Netherlands) - $72,031.71*
- 4. Våfflan87 (Sweden) - $69,417.22*
- 5. Lynette0 (Switzerland) - $31,144.00
- 6. ramondemon77 (Romania) - $23,816.00
- 7. Nicolas "niccc" Chouity (Lebanon) - $16,488.00
- 8. buckguy2200 (Mexico) - $9,166.00
- 9. Tobias "PokerNoob999" Reinkemeier - $5,862.40
Rui_pt20 Takes $94k in Sunday 500
The Sunday 500 nearly doubled its $300k guarantee this week with 1,109 players building a prize pool of $554,500.
No deal was made to decide this tournament with Portugal’s Rui_pt20 taking the entire $94,265 first-place prize.
He defeated pokerbrat13 from Canada heads-up who received $69,312 for second place.
Finishing fourth was Team PokerStars Pro Leo Fernandez. The Argentinean took $37,706.
WSOP bracelet winner Alexander “allingomes” Gomes took 20th for $2,218 and Justin “zeejustin” Bonomo finished 23rd for the same sum.
Chris “ImDaNuts” Oliver added another result to his Sunday Million finish by placing 34th in the 500.
Reigning world champion Pius Heinz finished 50th.
Here are the full final table payouts for this week’s Sunday 500:
- 1.Rui_pt20 (Portugal) - $94,265.00
- 2. pokerbrat13 (Canada) - $69,312.50
- 3. montecarlo13 (Monaco) - $52,622.05
- 4. LeoFernandez (Argentina) - $37,706
- 5. nkimhoangkie (United Kingdom) - $27,447.75
- 6. m.a-0000 (Canada) - $21,902.75
- 7. stofzuiger (Netherlands) - $16,357.75
- 8. Mrstardust (Sweden) - $10,812
- 9. Festivus (Argentina) - $5,988
You May Also Like
Best Poker Sites - Editor`s Pick
26 September 2016 1
- See More Videos »