PKR.com has joined the race to the World Series of Poker with its new online poker festival, Springfest. The tournament series will give players at all levels a chance to play for big money as well as a seat at the World Series of Poker (WSOP) Main Event.
Springfest will begin March 31 and run for eight days. During that time, at least $85,000 will be available for the taking through 10 events.
"We wanted to make Springfest different by making it more accessible to everyday players who are put off by the big buy-ins of other major festivals," said Neil Wright, PKR.com cardroom manager.
To achieve that, Wright said they put together a series of tournaments with very impressive prize pools with lower buy-ins and satellites that players can buy into for as little as $1.10.
The main event of the series will take place April 7 and have a $25,000 guaranteed prize pool. It will be a No-Limit Texas Hold'em event with a $100+$9 buy-in.
Several other events will also be No-Limit Hold'em with various buy-ins as well as Limit and Pot-Limit Hold'em and Pot-Limit Omaha. The winner of each event will earn their share of the prize pool as well as a solid silver commemorative bracelet.
In addition, the winner of each event of the series and the top two players of the Springfest leaderboard will qualify for the Tournament of Champions. The winner of that tournament will win a seat in the 2007 WSOP Main Event.
The Springfest schedule is as follows:
- March 31, 8 p.m.: $50+$5 No-Limit Hold'em, $15k guaranteed
(4 p.m. satellite, $5.50 buy-in, one seat for every 10 entrants)
- April 1, 8 p.m.: $25+$2.50 No-Limit Hold'em, $10k guaranteed
(4 p.m. satellite, $5.50 buy-in, one seat for every five entrants)
- April 2, 8 p.m.: $15+$1.50 Pot-Limit Hold'em, $3k guaranteed
(4 p.m. satellite, $3.30 buy-in, one seat for every five entrants)
- April 3, 8 p.m.: $5+50¢ Pot-Limit Omaha, $1k guaranteed
(4 p.m. satellite, $1.10 buy-in, one seat for every five entrants)
- April 4, 8 p.m.: $10+$1 Limit Hold'em, $1,500 guaranteed
(4 p.m. satellite, $2.20 buy-in, one seat for every five entrants)
- April 5, 8 p.m.: $20+$2 Short-Handed No-Limit Hold'em, $4k guaranteed
(4 p.m. satellite, $5.50 buy-in, one seat for every four entrants)
- April 6, 8 p.m.: $30+$3 Deep-Stack No-Limit Hold'em, $6k guaranteed
(4 p.m. satellite, $5.50 buy-in, one seat for every six entrants)
- April 7, 8 p.m.: $100+$9 Main Event, $25k guaranteed
(Various multi-table and single-table satellites running March 3 - April 7)
- April 15, 4 p.m.: No-Limit Hold'em Freeroll, $5k prize pool
- April 15, 8 p.m.: Tournament of Champions
NOTE: All tournament start times are listed in GMT.