PokerListings.com is the world's largest and most trusted online poker guide, offering the best online poker bonus deals guaranteed, over $1m in exclusive freerolls every year and the most free poker content available on the Web.
SCOOP: Danzer, Buchanan, Berg Claim Titles
The big names are coming up huge in the 2013 PokerStars Spring Championship of Online Poker.
Over the last seven days we’ve seen George Danzer, Shawn Buchanan, Anders “Donald” Berg, Steve Gross, Noah Boeken and even up-and-coming Belarusian online crusher Leqenden win titles.
There have also been some big second place finishes, notably from SCOOP master Shaun Deeb for $63k in Event 23-M and Dan Smith for $164k in Event 24-H.The overall points leaderboard is an all-out war between Deeb (2nd), George “Jorj95” Lind (3rd) and George Danzer (4th) although the current leader is Brazilian ninototoroko.
Suffice to say this SCOOP is turning into one of the most compelling editions ever.
Here’s a look at the biggest SCOOP stories over the weekend:
Danzer Wins Second SCOOP Title in Event 12-H
PokerStars Pro George Danzer outlasted 46 players to win Event 12-H $2,100 No-Limit 2-7 Single Draw for $34,040 this week.
You might remember that Danzer was on fire during PokerStars' last big series, WCOOP, last fall when he won a bracelet and dominated the points leaderboard for much of the series.
He’s right back at it in this year’s SCOOP. He’s already cashed eight times and thanks to winning his second SCOOP title he briefly snagged top spot on this year’s leaderboard.
The scarf-touting Danzer had to beat a tough final table that included Dan Smith, Shawn Buchanan and Dan O’Brien.
Here are the complete final-table payouts:
- 1. Team PokerStars Pro George Danzer (Austria) $34,040
- 2. tehopo1 (Bosnia and Herzegovina) $23,000
- 3. Shawn "buck21" Buchanan (Canada) $13,800
- 4. Dan "HundoFight" O'Brien (Canada) $9,200
- 5. Toby "810ofclubs" Lewis (United Kingdom) $6,900
- 6. Alexander "joiso" Kostritsyn (Russia) $5,060
Anders “Donald” Berg Adds More Hardware, Wins Event 16-H
PokerStars legend Anders “Donald” Berg also added his second SCOOP bracelet this week by winning Event 16-H $2,100 FL Omaha Hi-Lo for $64,500.
Berg outlasted a skilled field of 129 players and then beat Pthelegend heads-up to claim the title.
The final table also featured Richard “CHUFTY” Ashby and Billy “The Crock” Argyros, although they both fell out of contention early.
The SCOOP title should go well with Berg’s three WCOOP titles, which is the second only to Dan Kelly’s four.
Here are the final-table results:
- 1. Anders "Donald" Berg (Norway ) $64,500.00
- 2. Pthelegend (Canada) $43,860.00
- 3. highland (Canada) $33,540.00
- 4. chico134 (Russia) $23,865.00
- 5. saphire1 (United Kingdom) $16,770.00
- 6. T-Macha (Norway) $13,545.00
- 7. villepn (Finland) $10,965.00
- 8. Richard "CHUFTY" Ashby (United Kingdom) $9,030.00
- 9. Billy "crocky" Argyros (Australia) $7,095.00
Canadian Buchanan Wins Event 18-H for $118k
It seemed to be the week to win your second SCOOP bracelet as Shawn Buchanan did just that by taking down Event 18-H $2,100 NLHE 10-Max Shootout for $118k.
After beating his first table, Buchanan faced a formidable lineup in the Shootout final table with Dan Smith, Dani Stern, Leqenden and SCOOP-master Shaun Deeb.
Buchanan was likely relieved when Deeb busted in 8th place, missing a shot at the serious money.
Instead Buchanan ended up facing JIZOINT heads-up. Incredibly JIZOINT won Event 15-H $700 NLHE Ante Up earlier and a victory in Event 18-H would have been his second bracelet of the day.
It was not to be as Buchanan, who always seems to fly under the radar somehow, laid the hammer down and snatched victory away from JIZOINT.
Here are the final-table payouts:
- 1st: Shawn "buck21" Buchanan ($118,800.00)
- 2nd: JIZOINT ($79,200.00)
- 3rd: Rednaxela747 ($53,460.00)
- 4th: Dan "Danny98765" Smith ($39,204.00)
- 5th: LaurisL91 ($27,720.00)
- 6th: hneves182 ($21,780.00)
- 7th: Leqenden ($17,424.00)
- 8th: Shaun "shaundeeb" Deeb ($14,850.00)
- 9th: FOO-92 ($12,672.00)
- 10th: Dani "supernova9" Stern ($10,890.00)
Noah Boeken Returns, Wins Event 13-H
Noah “Exclusive” Boeken returned to the spotlight this week by winning Event 13-H $2,100 PLO Heads-Up for $85,520.
The Dutch pro was one of the bigger poker stars in the mid 2000s but has been fairly inactive over the last couple years
Boeken stormed back in this one and even took out noted SCOOP pro George Danzer in one of his earlier heads-up matches.
In the end Boeken faced noted grinder Ankush “pistons87” Mandavia in his final match.
Boeken battled back from a nearly 8-1 chip disadvantage to finally bust Mandivia and claim the SCOOP title.
Here are the final-four payouts:
- 1. Noah "Exclusive" Boeken (Netherlands) $85,520*
- 2. Ankush "pistons87" Mandavia (Canada) $70,000*
- 3-tie. tracyer (Hungary) $30,240
- 3-tie. ringosnuff (Canada) $30,240