One of Europe's most prestigious poker tournaments, the Irish Open, released its 2007 events schedule today.
The €2 million guaranteed tournament will take place at the Burlington Hotel in Dublin, Ireland, over Easter weekend next year. About 800 players are expected to shell out the €3,300 buy-in to compete at the event.
The Irish Open will feature one major event per day for five days. It will also include side events, opening up the playing field for competitors of all skill levels and bankrolls. Live satellites to the tournament taking place in casinos and card clubs around the world will be announced in the coming month.
This year's event schedule is as follows:
- April 5 - Main Event Super Satellite €200 + €20 - 6 p.m. with re-buys for 90 minutes
- April 6 - Main Event Day 1 €3,300 + €200 - 4 p.m.
- April 7 - Main Event Day 2 - 3 p.m.
- April 8 - Main Event Day 3 - 3 p.m.
- April 8 - No-Limit Hold'em Freezeout Day 1 €1,000 + €100 - 6 p.m.
- April 9 - No-Limit Hold'em Freezeout Final Day - 3 p.m.
- April 9 - No-Limit Hold'em Re-buy €200 + €20 - 4 p.m. with re-buys for 90 minutes
- April 9 - Main Event Final Table - time to be announced
The final table of the 2007 Irish Open will televised. Last year, Europeans watched on TV as local player Vincent Melinn won the €350,000 first-place prize in only his second live tournament.
Irish Open Poker Tournament Announced
Irish Open to be Broadcast on TV