Satellite poker tournaments began this week for players to try to win their way into the main event of the Budapest Poker Open. The open runs from Nov. 28 to Dec. 3 with several events at the Las Vegas and Tropicana casinos in Budapest.
The satellites cost Ft 37,000 (approximately €140) and the top two out of the 10 players in each satellite win seats in the Ft 170,000 (€650) buy-in main event. After satellites began Monday, 10 seats had already been awarded for the main event which has a 360 player limit.
The main event will be No-Limit Texas Hold'em but there will also be Limit Seven-Card Stud and Pot-Limit Omaha tournaments. The ladies have their own Hold'em tournament as well.
The Budapest Poker Open kicks off Nov. 28 with an opening ceremony at the Tropicana Casino. The first heat of the main event, which is expected to have a Ft 54,000 (more than € 200,000) prize pool, begins the following day.
The Budapest Poker Open schedule is as follows:
- Nov. 28: Opening Ceremony, Tropicana Casino, 7 p.m.
- Nov. 29: Budapest Open Heat 1, Tropicana Casino, 4 p.m.
- Nov. 29: Pot-Limit Omaha, Las Vegas Casino, 6 p.m.
- Nov. 30: Budapest Open Heat 2, Tropicana Casino, 4 p.m.
- Nov. 30: No-Limit Texas Hold'em, Las Vegas Casino, 6 p.m.
- Dec. 1: Budapest Open Heat 3, Tropicana Casino, 4 p.m.
- Dec. 1: Limit Seven-Card Stud, Las Vegas Casino, 6 p.m.
- Dec. 2: Ladies Open, Las Vegas Casino, Noon
- Dec. 2: Budapest Open Semi-final, Tropicana Casino, 4 p.m.
- Dec. 3: Budapest Open Final, Tropicana Casino, Noon
- Dec. 3: No-Limit Masters, Tropicana Casino, 6 p.m.
For more information about the tournament, visit www.budapestpokeropen.hu.