To celebrate Phil Hellmuth's 10th bracelet win during the 2006 World Series of Poker, UltimateBet is hosting a 10-day series of tournaments, the UltimateBet Online Championship, starting Dec. 1. Qualifiers are currently underway for players to win their way into the events.
The Online Championship has a guaranteed total of $2 million for the events, with a $1 million prize pool guaranteed for the final $500 + $30 buy-in No-Limit Texas Hold'em event. Along with No-Limit Hold'em events, there will also be some Pot-Limit Omaha, Limit Hold'em, and more.
The winners will receive part of the guaranteed prize pool for the events plus a commemorative silver Online Championship bracelet.
Feeders are running now for all 10 events, and players can win by entering in all the events. In addition to the tournaments, there will be a Championship Leaderboard set up and the person who becomes the "Perfect 10 Champ" will get a chance to take on Phil Hellmuth heads-up for $10,000 in cash.
The tournament schedule is as follows with all events starting at 8 p.m. (EST) except the final event which begins at 3 p.m.:
- Dec. 1 - $125,000 guaranteed No-Limit Hold'em, $215 buy-in
- Dec. 2 - $50,000 guaranteed Pot-Limit Omaha, $215 buy-in
- Dec. 3 - $250,000 guaranteed No-Limit Hold'em, $215 buy-in
- Dec. 4 - $60,000 guaranteed Limit Hold'em, $215 buy-in
- Dec. 5 - $40,000 guaranteed Limit Omaha, $215 buy-in
- Dec. 6 - $100,000 guaranteed No-Limit Hold'em, $215 buy-in
- Dec. 7 - $75,000 guaranteed Pot-Limit Omaha w/ re-buys, $215 buy-in
- Dec. 8 - $200,000 guaranteed No-Limit Hold'em, $215 buy-in
- Dec. 9 - $100,000 guaranteed Elimination Blackjack, $215 buy-in
- Dec. 10 - $1 million guaranteed No-Limit Hold'em, $530 buy-in
Visit UltimateBet to learn more about this tournament and other promotions at the site.
Related article: Interview: Phil Hellmuth Makes Poker History