The December festival has treats for both tournament and cash-game players.
Over 22 days in December PokerStars is busting out $27 million in special tournaments and ring-game promotions, including the first-ever WCOOP Challenge Series.
The online festival kicks off December 1 and concludes December 20-22 with the inaugural WCOOP Challenge Series, a spin-off series featuring eight WCOOP events and $10 million in guaranteed prize pools.
Already-popular PokerStars promotions will be running for the duration of the December festival including Double Vision Sundays, Million Dollar Sundays, Golden Sit & Go's, a special $700k Milestone Hand giveaway and a December Mission week.
“The festive season is usually a great time to play online poker and this year it’s going to be unmissable,” said Dutch PokerStars Pro Lex Veldhuis.
“I’ll play all the big Sunday tourneys, hope to win a milestone hand bonus in the ring games, and be going after a WCOOP Challenge Series title.”
To sweeten the deal PokerStars will also be giving away tickets to the 2014 WCOOP Main Event during the spin-off series.
“It would be so cool to book my World Championship of Online Poker 2014 Main Event seat now!” added Veldhuis.
Check out PokerListings.com's comprehensive PokerStars review and get your world's-best signup bonus.
December Festival Schedule:
- December 1 – Double Vision Sunday (2 x Sunday Kick-off, 2 x Sunday Warm-Up, 2 x Sunday Storm, 2 x Sunday Million)
- December 2-8 – $500,000 to be given away in Golden Sit & Go's
- December 8 – Million Dollar Sunday 1 ($1m GTD Sunday Warm-Up, $5m GTD Sunday Million)
- December 9-15 – $500,000 to be won in December Mission Week (see http://psta.rs/18DGO0E for more details on how to take part)
- December 15 – Million Dollar Sunday 2 ($1m GTD Sunday Storm, $1m GTD Sunday 500)
- December 16-22 – $700,000 Milestone Hand giveaway (300 milestone hands with bonuses every one million hands on hand IDs that end in six zeroes)
- December 20-22 – $10m WCOOP Challenge Series (8 Challenge Series events – each champion wins a WCOOP 2014 Main Event ticket + cash prize)
WCOOP Challenge Series Schedule
Friday, December 20
- 13.00 ET – WCOOP Challenge 01: $109 NLHE ($500k GTD)
- 17.00 ET – WCOOP Challenge 02: $215+R NLHE Turbo ($1m GTD)
Saturday, December 21
- 11.00 ET – WCOOP Challenge 03: $700 NLHE Progressive Super KO ($1m GTD)
- 15.00 ET – WCOOP Challenge 04: $1,050 NLHE [8-Max] ($1m GTD)
Sunday, December 22
- 11.00 ET – WCOOP Challenge 05: $215 NLHE ($1m GTD)
- 13.00 ET – WCOOP Challenge 06: $1,050+R PLO ($500k GTD)
- 14.30 ET – WCOOP Challenge 07: $215 NLHE ($2m GTD)
- 15.30 ET – WCOOP Challenge Main Event: $2,100 NLHE ($3m GTD)