PokerListings.com is the world's largest and most trusted online poker guide, offering the best online poker bonus deals guaranteed, over $1m in exclusive freerolls every year and the most free poker content available on the Web.
PokerStars e-Mag Covers 10 Years Of History
In celebration of its 10th Anniversary, PokerStars has published a free e-magazine highlighting the names, faces and major developments that have helped make it the largest online poker site in the world.
Over 26 animated pages it maps out the key moments in PokerStars’ history from its beta launch in September 2001 to the present.
The pages are filled with key anecdotes and interviews with some of the most influential players in its – and online poker’s – history.
Noted characters include France's Bertrand “ElkY” Grospellier, Canada's Terrance Chan and Daniel Negreanu, Chris Moneymaker, Vanessa Rousso, Germany's Sandra Naujoks, Sweden's Viktor "Isildur1" Blom, former poker room manager Lee Jones and more.
Among the more intriguing facts and figures:
- PokerStars was online for three months with players using play-money chips before it switched over to real-money chips
- Anders “Donald” Berg was PokerStars’ first-ever WSOP qualifier. Today he's a member of Team PokerStars online and won an SCOOP title in 2011
- The WCOOP was launched in 2002 with nine events. The main event had 268 players and was won by Sweden’s “MultiMarine” for $65,450
- Chris Moneymaker was one of only 38 players who qualified for the WSOP through PokerStars in 2003, the year he won the title and started the poker boom
- Gus Hansen won the first PokerStars Caribbean Adventure in 2004 on a cruise ship
- The EPT launched its first season in Barcelona in 2004. Swede Alexander Stevic won the first event for €80,000
- PokerStars registered its five millionth player in February 2006. In May of 2006 it dealt its 5 billionth hand
- In 2006, Bertrand “ElkY” Grospellier became the first player to reach Supernova VIP status. It took him two weeks
- In 2007 ElkY was the first player to earn 1 million VIP points and become the first Supernova Elite. It took him just four months
- Daniel Negreanu joined Team PokerStars Pro in June 2007
- Personalized player images
- Integrated game stats and player notes
- Time banks
- Multi-table sit-and-gos
- Satellite tournaments
- Private tourneys and home games
- Chat moderators
Find more great facts and download the Anniversary Magazine in six languages here.