PokerListings.com is the world's largest and most trusted online poker guide, offering the best online poker bonus deals guaranteed, over $1m in exclusive freerolls every year and the most free poker content available on the Web.
PokerListings Intros “Follow the Chips” Coverage for WSOP 2013
The 2013 World Series of Poker is just days away and PokerListings.com is dropping a brand-new live coverage format to bring you all the action.
This is the ninth year in a row we've made the trip to Las Vegas and let's just say we've learned a thing or two about how to maneuver in Sin City.
This year we'll be covering a selection of the biggest and best WSOP bracelet events leading up to the $10,000 World Championship.
And during the Main Event we'll be shipping daily video interviews and updates straight from the floor of the Rio Hotel and Casino.
You can head straight to our WSOP 2013 Section to see it all in one place.
Follow the Chips for 12 Feature WSOP Bracelet Events
For this year's World Series of Poker we've handpicked a dozen tournaments that run the gamut from the $1k Millionaire Maker to the $111k One Drop High Roller.
“With over 60 bracelet events at the WSOP it can be tough for fans to keep track of everything that's going on,” said PokerListings Editor in Chief Matt Showell.
“That's why we're focusing in on the most compelling stories and characters to give you a richer WSOP experience that goes beyond bracelet winners and chip counts.”
To do it PokerListings will be using a new coverage format we call “Follow the Chips”.
Instead of a mash-up of individual hands from across the tournament floor we'll be zooming in and covering one compelling personality at a time. And when they lose a pot to another compelling personality, we follow the chips.
By the time the tournament's over we'll have connected that first stack all the way to the winner, and told a long line of great stories along the way.
Here's a look at the selection of feature events we'll be covering:
- June 1, 2013: Event 6 - $1,000 Millionaire Maker
- June 4, 2013: Event 11 - $2,500 Six-Max No-Limit Hold'em
- June 7, 2013: Event 16 - $10,000 Heads-Up No-Limit Hold'em
- June 11, 2013: Event 21 - $3,000 Six-Max No-Limit Hold'em
- June 14, 2013: Event 27 - $3,000 Mixed Max
- June 18, 2013: Event 32 - $5,000 Six-Max No-Limit Hold'em
- June 19, 2013: Event 35 - $3,000 Pot-Limit Omaha
- June 22, 2013: Event 41 - $5,000 Six-Max Pot-Limit Omaha
- June 26, 2013: Event 47 - One Drop High Roller
- June 28, 2013: Event 52 - $25,000 Six-Max No-Limit Hold'em
- June 30, 2013: Event 55 - $50,000 Players Championship
- July 6, 2013: $10,000 World Championship Main Event
Daily Video Interviews from 2013 Main Event
During the 2013 Main Event the PokerListings video crew will touch down in Las Vegas to catch the WSOP's most interesting people on camera.
Expect interviews with all the biggest poker pros as well as sports stars, celebrities and successful people from all walks of life.
As the Main Event field gets narrowed down we'll turn our attention to the tournament, interviewing all the big stacks and getting to know the people who will have a chance at becoming the next world champion of poker.
To get you in the mood here's one of our favorites from the 2012 WSOP: