Iowa may be best known for corn fields and other farmland, but in Council Bluffs, near the Nebraska border, there is a beacon calling out to poker players this week as events for the World Series of Poker Circuit event at the Horseshoe Casino in the city have begun.
Monday issued in the first event of the tournament with a $300 No-Limit Hold'em event. Six more will follow before getting to the championship event next week.
The championship will have a $5,000 buy-in with the winner walking away with the top cash prize as well as a seat in the 2007 World Series of Poker Main Event.
The schedule of events for the WSOPC at the Horseshoe Casino is:
- Jan. 29 at noon, $300 No-Limit Hold'em
- Jan. 30 at noon, $500 No-Limit Hold'em
- Jan. 31 at noon, $300 No-Limit Hold'em
- Feb. 1 at noon, $500 No-Limit Hold'em
- Feb. 2 at noon, $1,000 No-Limit Hold'em
- Feb. 3 at noon, $1,500 No-Limit Hold'em
- Feb. 3 at 2 p.m., $300 Limit Hold'em
- Feb. 5 at noon, $5,000 Championship
- Feb. 6 at noon, Championship Day 2
- Feb. 7 at 2 p.m., Championship Day 3
PokerListings.com will keep you updated about what's going on at the tournament and will have a reporter at the championship event to bring you live updates, reports, interviews and more. So stay tuned to the Live Tournament Section.