Party Poker Set to Award $1m in New Jersey Garden 8
Who wants to be a millionaire?
One poker player in New Jersey will be $1 million richer after this weekend thanks to Party Poker and Borgata.
New Jersey’s Next Poker Millionaire, which is a joint venture between Borgata and Party Poker, is set to take place this weekend with what they are calling the Garden 8.
The final eight players, who all qualified online, will battle it out in a winner-take-all Sit & Go at the Borgata on Saturday.
“I’ve been the last man standing twice at Borgata and there’s no feeling quite like it,” said Team Party Poker’s Bobby Oboodi, who is New Jersey’s original poker millionaire after winning two of the biggest events in the state.
“One of the final eight will feel that same feeling once they are crowned New Jersey’s Next Poker Millionaire. It will be fun to watch how it goes down.”
Eight players will compete for a $1 million-dollar prize package that includes:
- More than $850,000 in cash
- One seat in the $100k Alpha8
- One WPT World Championship $15k seat
- Two entries to $3,500 WPT events at Borgata
- 52 online tournament entries worth $10,400
- $8,000 in live tournament entries at Borgata
Here’s a look at the eight players who will be battling it out for the huge prize complete with screen names.
- Steven Edwards (ChipsJammed) of Atco
- Myroslaw Woroch (onetime99) of Cedar Knolls
- Sunil Sebastian (thepokerdoc) of Clifton
- Anthony Marchiatilli (skappy) of Belleville
- Eric Natishvili (silentgeorgian) of West New York
- Andy Lam (clearcuttension) of Aberdeen
- Shin Han (WEVIL) of Wayne
- Wayne Pineault (grokker) of Wayne
You May Also Like
The massive PokerStars UKIPT Nottingham event began at the Dusk till Dawn poker club in England today with hundreds of players taking to the...
11 April 2012
Day 1B is over at the PokerStars EPT Madrid main event and David Benyamine, Faraz Jaka and Nicolas Levi are among the leaders.
13 March 2012
This weekend was all about the Sunday Million’s sixth anniversary with slyfox15 of the Netherlands emerging victorious from a field of more than 33,000.
12 March 2012