Dan Smith added yet another accolade to his diverse bag of results in the PokerStars Turbo Championship of Online Poker yesterday.
Smith smashed his way through a 4,123-player field in TCOOP-17 NL Hold’em (Turbo 1R1A), declined a deal three-handed and went on to win the event outright for $125,146.
For those keeping track at home “KingDan” has multiple Super High Roller titles, over $5.8 million in live-tournament earnings, and a Sunday Million title.
Smith is apparently a master negotiator because he managed to cut a deal during his Sunday Million win that saw him get paid $8,000 more than first place was supposed to award.
The final table of TCOOP-17 likely wouldn’t agree to any such deals, however, as it included experienced pros Stephen “Zugwat” Silverman and Magnus “Girrofdonian” Martin who finished ninth and third respectively.
It was a busy week for pros taking part in TCOOP as Sam Stein defeated Kevin MacPhee in Event 4 $55 NL Hold’em to win $48,616.
Here’s a look at the complete final-table results for TCOOP-17:
- 1. Dan "Danny98765" Smith (Canada) $125,146.32
- 2. Victor chuch (Mexico) $93,260.70
- 3. Magnus "Girrofdonian" Martin (UK) $65,760.75
- 4. Phantomes124 (Austria) $45,833.25
- 5. Kennethmedh (Sweden) $33,876.75
- 6. jerbi9999 (Israel) $25,905.75
- 7. krec23 (Russia) $17,934.75
- 8. Spencer "UH Big Tex" Hudson (Mexico) $9,963.75
- 9. Steven "Zugwat" Silverman (Canada) $6,376.80