Just one day after winning an FTOPS title, online grinder Nick Petrangelo took down the PokerStars Sunday Million for $209,354.
On Saturday Petrangelo, who plays on Full Tilt Poker as canofcorn22, out-dueled his opponents in the Heads-Up FTOPS event to win $36,872.
Yesterday the Montreal-native performed an even more impressive feat as caecilius on PokerStars beating a monstrous 6,882-player field to win over $200k.
A respected online player, Petrangelo has over $3 million in lifetime earnings but yesterday marked his biggest online score. He's up nearly $250k over the last few days.
Petrangelo actually entered the Sunday Million final table as one of the shortest stacks with only 4 million chips but went on an incredible run that saw him take the chip lead by the time there were four players left.
Heads-up featured Petrangelo vs. Str8$$$Homey but Petrangelo had a massive 54 million-chip lead to Str8$$$Homey’s 13 million. The match only lasted four hands with Petrangelo landing the knockout blow with pocket queens.
Here are the complete Sunday Million final-table results:
- 1. caecilius (Canada) $209,354.49
- 2. Str8$$$Homey (Canada) $154,845.00
- 3. le bison (Canada) $110,112.00
- 4. Borso888 (Hungary) $75,702.00
- 5. R&O--UL (Canada) $57,808.80
- 6. muratfb (Turkey) $44,044.80
- 7. 23noraB (Austria) $30,280.80
- 8. nipe1955 (Brazil) $16,516.80
- 9. Pasiu (Poland) $10,667.10