Team PokerStars Pro George Danzer won over $100k, cashed 14 times and took down his second bracelet but still came up short of Player of the Year in this year’s WCOOP.
That honor went to Norway’s Mikal12345 who cashed 15 times and locked up two WCOOP bracelets this year.
Mikal12345 picked up a 2013 PokerStars Caribbean Adventure package, a 2013 EPT Grand Final package, a 2013 TCOOP Main Event ticket and a custom chip set for being the best player of the 2012 WCOOP.
Russian Ti0373 actually finished in second place in this year’s WCOOP Player of the Year contest thanks to making four final tables, taking down two bracelets and winning $357k. He will receive PCA and TCOOP packages for his efforts.
Meanwhile Danzer ended up in third place but will receive a consolation prize of a 2013 TCOOP Main Event ticket.
Here’s a complete look at the top 10 players on the 2012 WCOOP POY leaderboard including their final point totals:
- 1. mikal12345, Norway, 395
- 2. Ti0373, Russia, 345
- 3. Team PokerStars Pro George Danzer, Germany, 315
- 4. TryToExploit, Poland, 270
- 5. Steve “Illini213” Barshak, Costa Rica, 265
- 6. utvekklo2, Sweden, 260
- 7= djk123, Australia, 255
- 7= Jon “PearlJammer” Turner, Mexico, 255
- 9= Team PokerStars Pro Eugene Katchalov, Ukraine, 250
- 9= Thor “osten” Hansen, Norway, 250
- 9= Ami “UhhMee” Barer, Canada, 250
Definitely a few notables on the leaderboard with Dan “djk123” Kelly having won his record fourth WCOOP title in this year’s series.
Fellow U.S.-born pro Jon “PearlJammer” Turner, who was playing from Mexico, may have missed out on making any prestigious final tables but he still managed to cash 17 times, more than anyone else.
Finally cancer-survivor Thor “osten” Hansen had a remarkable WCOOP that saw him rack up 250 POY points and finish ninth in POY.