PokerListings.com is the world's largest and most trusted online poker guide, offering the best online poker bonus deals guaranteed, over $1m in exclusive freerolls every year and the most free poker content available on the Web.
Marchese, Misdeal Make Waves on Day 3 of Global Poker League
Tom Marchese put in a very strong heads-up performance to put the NY Rounders on top of the Americas conference after the first week of the Global Poker League.
Marchese, normally stoic at the tables, was talkative during the final match and even played a surprising pot with 2-3 and then tanked for four minutes on the river to put on a show.
Earlier in the day Anton Wigg got the better of fellow Swede Martin Jacobson while Olivier Busquet proved he’s a true heads-up animal, only letting Darren Elias win one match at the end.
Here’s a look at the complete results from each match:
- Anton Wigg (NY Rounders) Beats Martin Jacobson (Montreal Nationals) 2-1
- Olivier Busquet (LA Sunset) Beats Darren Elias (Sao Paulo Mets) 2-1
- Tom Marchese (NY Rounders) Beats Anthony Zinno (LV Moneymakers) 2-1
Glitch Leads to Canceled Match
The third straight day of the inaugural Global Poker League wasn’t without controversy.
During the Wigg/Jacobson match the GPL software momentarily glitched out and displayed a sixth card after the river.
The match had to be re-started. It would have been a big pot, too, as both Wigg and Jacobson had rivered a flush.
GPI CEO Alex Dreyfus explained they are still working out the bugs in the system and they don’t expect it to happen again.
Today concludes the first week of GPL action but there are a ton more great matches coming up next week.
The rumor is that Phil Galfond will make his GPL debut as will London Royals Team Manger Liv Boeree.
Here’s a look the standings after one week of action, including four 6-Max games and six heads-up matches:
1. Hong Kong Stars - 18 points
2. Paris Aviators - 16 points
3. London Royals - 12 points
4. Rome Emperors - 9 points
5. Moscow Wolverines - 5 points
6. Berlin Bears - 3 points
1. New York Rounders - 16 points
2. Las Vegas Moneymakers - 13 points
3. Montreal Nationals - 12 points
4. Los Angeles Sunset - 9 points
5. Sao Paulo Metropolitans - 7 points
6. San Fransisco Rush - 6 points