Pesonen went on a rampage on PokerStars yesterday that also included a ninth-place finish in the Sunday Second Chance and a final-table finish in the Bigger $162.
The young Finn was dominate throughout much of the Sunday Million final table but had to play from the short stack when action was reduced to three players.
Pesonen successfully fought back and eventually entered heads-up play with a massive chip lead over Norwegian opponent fullhouseiiii.
From there Pesonen made short work of fullhouseiiii and busted him on the second hand of heads-up with A-9 over A-4.
It was Pesonen’s first Sunday Million victory and for a change there were no deals made at the final table.
Despite the large amount of money on the line in the Sunday Million, Pesonen seemed to be pretty casual about the whole thing:
Finaltablebubbled 2nd Chance, now in the FT of The Bigger 162 and 1/9 to last table of Sunday Million. Time to get drunk!— Lauri Pesonen (@oopinlare) February 3, 2014
Here are the complete final-table results for yesterday’s Sunday Million:
- 1. IMS DURNK (Finland) $231,274.32
- 2. fullhouseiii (Norway) $169,598
- 3. Odintsov Spb (Russia) $115,635
- 4. jl_slz (Brazil) $77,706.72
- 5. R0bbed0es (Netherlands) $61,672
- 6. ArtemZ (Ukraine) $46,254
- 7. rava123 (Estonia) $30,836
- 8. Sytraxx (Netherlands) $17,730.70
- 9. rorschach550 (United Kingdom) $11,948.95